More ?'s for the people who know stuff...!

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
First off, thanks again to the board, in general, for all the help 'you' give.

Here's my latest round of ?'s...!

1). I've already got an LC2i, yet to install, part of my working out what the heck I'm doing...BUT the more I think about it, won't I just be 'normalizing' two channels? Isn't that what the 2 in LC2i stands for? And would I not benefit more by getting something/one that can handle 'normalizing' the audio for 4 (each door) or 5 (the doors and under the seat sub I'll be installing too)? Basically, how are people using their LC2i's just to fix the bass-roll-off for the sub and letting the 'dampened' audio go from the Honda HU out to the doors without touching the LC2i?

2). Any issue with using high-strength magnets to attach the Inifinity cross-overs I need to use for the component speakers I'm replacing each door (all 8 speakers) with? I'm hoping to harvest more (I've already got a couple, but would need 4) of the high-strength magnets from hard-drives and then glue it to the back of the cross-over, then wire it up to the speakers and just magnetically attach it to the inner-lining of the door near to where the 6.5 speaker is, using it's hole. I can't think of any reason the magnet could mess with the cross-over in any way, and as long as I have it away from the speaker, it shouldn't pose any problem there...right?

and lastly...

3). There aren't ANY CarPlay capable head unit's for my 2017 EX-L w/Navi hatchback? So, I'm guessing the YouTube videos I've seen of Android based HU's that have been installed are for non-Navi equipped Civic's? I had no idea I would be spec-ing myself out of an after-market HU!!!??? Is this true? Has anyone installed or does anyone know of successful installs of good HU's into my model of Civic?

Any answers are, as usual, GREATLY appreciated!!

fsucutter
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
First off, thanks again to the board, in general, for all the help 'you' give.

2). Any issue with using high-strength magnets to attach the Inifinity cross-overs I need to use for the component speakers I'm replacing each door (all 8 speakers) with? I'm hoping to harvest more (I've already got a couple, but would need 4) of the high-strength magnets from hard-drives and then glue it to the back of the cross-over, then wire it up to the speakers and just magnetically attach it to the inner-lining of the door near to where the 6.5 speaker is, using it's hole. I can't think of any reason the magnet could mess with the cross-over in any way, and as long as I have it away from the speaker, it shouldn't pose any problem there...right?

fsucutter
Since crossovers use coils, which induce a magnetic field when a signal goes through them, I think that a strong enough magnet could interfere with it.

OP
OP

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Since crossovers use coils, which induce a magnetic field when a signal goes through them, I think that a strong enough magnet could interfere with it.
Ahhh.
Thanks

Maybe glue? Or super-velcro...

OP
OP

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I was thinking velcro and maybe put it on the bottom of the door so it can't go anywhere even if the velcro fails?
Oh, one more thing...if I put it inside the door frame at the bottom, I've read here and there, people worrying about putting anything in there for fear of water damage...does it get that wet in there? Or am I thinking of the wrong interior space?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh, one more thing...if I put it inside the door frame at the bottom, I've read here and there, people worrying about putting anything in there for fear of water damage...does it get that wet in there? Or am I thinking of the wrong interior space?
Well, it's not supposed to get THAT wet! I guess a few drops can get in when you roll down the window when it's wet. But you should never have a flood. If you do, probably the crossover will be the least of your worries.

OP
OP

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Well, it's not supposed to get THAT wet! I guess a few drops can get in when you roll down the window when it's wet. But you should never have a flood. If you do, probably the crossover will be the least of your worries.
lol, true that.

Thanks!

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
lol, true that.

Thanks!
I did think of one other possibility of getting water in the door, which is if you leave the window all the way down and it rains. There are supposed to be drain holes in the door for that case. Maybe you can prop up the crossover so it's not sitting directly on the bottom.
Sponsored