More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are cars running tunes all over, I have the +6psi high octane from Hondata. A couple members have custom tunes from Vit. But it so early in ownership that no one really knows what it will do long term on CVTs. Hondata broke their cvt on purpose but we dont really know any details other than they broke it.
If I remember correctly, people who are running custom tunes on Hondata are still in the parameters of Hondata's limitations.

People who are willing to risk more are using the KTuner programmer since its less limited as far as I'm aware.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I remember correctly, people who are running custom tunes on Hondata are still in the parameters of Hondata's limitations.

People who are willing to risk more are using the KTuner programmer since its less limited as far as I'm aware.
yes, the opened up some more stuff today with an update but still not to Ktuners level

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Have there been any documented power train issues with the tenth gen 1.5 thus far? I was hoping somebody by now would have thrown a tune on one, beat the living hell out of it and still lives to drive another day lol
We have done this with our 2017 EXT manual. It has been to many track events, had numerous dyno tests with many different products, and in general has been run hard for most of the miles it has on it. The minimum tune it has had is a +6 PSI basemap. Zero engine or transmission problems so far.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of using a Hondata product in the future, and I've been very skeptical of reliability and warranty voids. But, every day I find more videos like these and it just blows me away how seemingly effortless it is for the guys at Hondata to get what seems like a seamless tune out of these civics. I'm planning on buying an Si out of college so I'll definitely be interested to see what kind of progress will be made in tat direction. If honda and Hondata collaborate like Ford and Mountune do, I would SO pay extra for that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I have been thinking a lot about the possibility of using a Hondata product in the future, and I've been very skeptical of reliability and warranty voids. But, every day I find more videos like these and it just blows me away how seemingly effortless it is for the guys at Hondata to get what seems like a seamless tune out of these civics. I'm planning on buying an Si out of college so I'll definitely be interested to see what kind of progress will be made in tat direction. If honda and Hondata collaborate like Ford and Mountune do, I would SO pay extra for that.
you should pay for it regardless. Its amazing what @Hondata can do with our cars.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
I tested the +9psi professionnal performance this morning, i remove my +6 mishimoto custom tune and put the +9 basemap and, Really more brutal when turbo kicked, i dont data log but you hear the increase of the turbo spooling sound with my mishimoto sri.
When flat foot shifting the difference is crazy, i dont 1/4mile yet but sure this update will give you some better time. It pulls a lot harder than my previous custom tune.

Big Tanks @Hondata

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
you can probably copy the afm flow from your custom tune to the +9 psi if the voltage was not alter. just do a compare to see if its the same voltage on both tables

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
As mentioned earlier, it definitely is a lot for the CVT to handle. While HP is only a modest increase, the torque spike at 3K is a different story.

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As mentioned earlier, it definitely is a lot for the CVT to handle. While HP is only a modest increase, the torque spike at 3K is a different story.
Yeah but a good tune can adjust the TQ curve through the shifts and still give you power without breaking things if I'm not mistaken.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you can probably copy the afm flow from your custom tune to the +9 psi if the voltage was not alter. just do a compare to see if its the same voltage on both tables

I will data log today and look at it, i want a see boost level and ign.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Arrived from short ride and datalog, i did one pull not wot and hit 22.4psi with the tpedal at 82%.
Honda Civic 10th gen More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration IMG_0297.JPG

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I tested the +9psi professionnal performance this morning, i remove my +6 mishimoto custom tune and put the +9 basemap and, Really more brural when turbo kicked, i dont data log but you hear the increase of the turbo spooling sound with my mishimoto sri.
When flat foot shifting the difference is crazy, i dont 1/4mile yet but sure this update will give you some better time. It pulls a lot harder than my previous custom tune.

Big Tanks @Hondata
Glad you got to experience the flat-foot shifting with no boost delay between shifts. It really is a lot of fun.
Sponsored

Last edited: