More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how much actual whp the +6psi tune makes? Hondata adveritises 215, but vtec.net measured 200 And dsport mag 200 as well both on dynojet. Why is the difference? I'm talking about 6mt.
Hondata has often stated their dyno is calibrated to be comparable to crank horsepower and not wheel horsepower.
Sponsored

Eurogreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.8 Tourer
I see, but base numbers without tune are almost the same at Hondata and at vtec.net, 190 whp. So dynos must read pretty similar, if they read the same base numbers. That's why I don't understand the difference.

I was thinking ECU with Flashpro needs more time to learn everything properly to make full effect and a dyno upload is not enough.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I see, but base numbers without tune are almost the same at Hondata and at vtec.net, 190 whp. So dynos must read pretty similar, if they read the same base numbers. That's why I don't understand the difference.

I was thinking ECU with Flashpro needs more time to learn everything properly to make full effect and a dyno upload is not enough.
This car must be carefully dyno'd. You really have to know what you're doing, and make sure the conditions are correct before doing a pull. Coolant temps need to be in a certain range and K.Control (Knock Control) needs a little bit of time to learn the fuel you're using.

Because of this, combined with the fact that different dyno's read differently, it can be tough to pin down and get a good estimate of what this new Civic is really making at the crank compared to the advertised factory figures of 174 hp or 180 hp. All I can say is that from our testing, with California 91 octane gas, all the 1.5T models make about 190 hp to 195 hp at the crank. With just the +6 PSI Hondata FlashPro basemap, you'll get about 215 to 220 hp at the crank, and a load more torque too.

I estimate our 2017 EXT manual makes about 230 hp at the crank on 91 octane, but it does have some bolt-ons and a custom FlashPro tune for racing.

Last edited:

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
On a mustang dyno my l15ba stock dynoed 165wtq and 168whp, with the +6 mishimoto we put out 206wtq and 200whp, so it's an 40wtq/32whp increase from stock. Now i got an l15b7 in my sport hatch but dont dyno this engine yet,

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
So I guess the +9 is making 210-215 whp?
On a mustang dyno maybe around this, on a dynojet, it supposed to be higher(+5-15%), and dynapack read close to crank. most dynapack owners will tell i'm wrong. Lol

Eurogreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.8 Tourer
So a +6 psi tune makes appr. 220 crank hp, which is pretty good. And what 1/4 mile 0-60 and 0-100 times can you do with that with the 6mt?

Fastmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmodz.com
Vehicle(s)
1986 CRX
Here's how to have a lot more fun. It's like having a brand new car.

In this update we have:
  • Eliminated preprogrammed software boost lag (MT)
  • Given you full throttle shift (MT) - see video
  • Given you more ignition tables and boost tables to modify
  • Given you a + 9 Psi calibration for 226 hp and 255 torque
  • Given you control over VSA for better drag racing launches
The Civic has no bolt ons and was tuned with 91 Octane. More mid-range torque is possible with further boost tuning.

+_9_psi_tune.gif

Plus 9psi calibration.gif

Stock ECU
This datalog shows you what gear you are in, the boost, boost command and the throttle position. You can see that the boost tracks boost command very closely but it takes time to reach full boost. During this standard shift, manifold pressure drops to a vacuum.
Civic 17 MT stock shift.PNG

FlashPro with Full throttle shift
This datalog shows boost command at around 14 psi through the shift, with the lag reduced to around 0.35 seconds. This is mechanical lag, as the turbo slows when the fuel is cut during the shift. This log demonstrates 8 PSI more boost compared to the same time in the stock Civic. During a Hondata full throttle shift boost only drops to 4 psi, so it is much faster to spool.

Civic 17 MT full throttle shift.PNG
Thank you for making this video to educate these Honda enthusiast! It is a major boost to the performance of the vehicle. We have many programmers and tuners available for anyone with the itch to go faster. Let me know if you need any assistance

Eurogreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.8 Tourer
+6 must be a couple of tenths slower only I guess maybe 6.3 or 6.5. Any 1/4 mile time? And maybe any 50-70?

Eurogreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.8 Tourer
An other question to you guys who use the +9psi tune: how are the brakes holding up?