More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the +9 really that bad to have? I had it for a week now...scared a little now haha.
No its not bad to have, but if in comparing it to an intake when modding, adding more boost always comes with more risk than adding an intake. 99% of intakes you see in the market add absolutely nothing but noise so they are not going to change the way an engine runs in any meaningful way. It's a lease ,run it till you trade it,flash it back and the lease company is going to be none the wiser.
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
No its not bad to have, but if in comparing it to an intake when modding, adding more boost always comes with more risk than adding an intake. 99% of intakes you see in the market add absolutely nothing but noise so they are not going to change the way an engine runs in any meaningful way. It's a lease ,run it till you trade it,flash it back and the lease company is going to be none the wiser.

It's my first lease, what happens if something internal breaks? As long as I take it to Honda or a third party automotive company to have it fixed, I'll be okay at the end of the lease?

Ah ok. I thought the injen did add some gains which was the reason I was worried about pairing it with the 9 psi basemap.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's my first lease, what happens if something internal breaks? As long as I take it to Honda or a third party automotive company to have it fixed, I'll be okay at the end of the lease?

Ah ok. I thought the injen did add some gains which was the reason I was worried about pairing it with the 9 psi basemap.
HP gains on intakes advertised by the makers are always way off base. No one is seeing 20-30 hp from an intake on this platform, 3-5 max. If you break it and fix it, you wont have an issue when turning it in. Same as if you wreck it, you gotta fix before you turn it in unless its totaled.

Skeegle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex-t 6MT
Btw did anyone do a 0-60 on the +6/+9? Curious as to how fast the time is compared to stock.
Yeah! For christs sake can we get some 0-60's on YouTube! I want to see +3psi and +6psi and +9psi!! I'll upload a stock comparison, I have lots of perfectly level grounds and am at sea level ;)

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
This morning I raced a g37s 2008 (cousin car) from 70km/h to 180km/h with flat foot shifthing. I raced him 4 time, his car have 330hp and 270tq. He got paddle shift on steering. We shifted at the same time 2-3 and 4th gear every time we shift i stayed side to side with him. We had the same result each time, at 180km/h i have 2 car in front of him!!
TANKS HONDATA FOR THE NO LIFT SHIFT AND +9 tune :).

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I can't seem to left foot brake in the 10th gen hatchback properly. I believe it's an ECU thing since the car felt like it prioritised the braking over my throttle input. This was not the case in my 2006 Civic LX which I left foot braked in to mitigate understeer. Will the Hondata fix this?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
its a safely feature

incase the throttle gets stuck wide open. the brake will override it. there was a big lawsuit on the prius

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
its a safely feature

incase the throttle gets stuck wide open. the brake will override it. there was a big lawsuit on the prius
Is/will there be a way to disable this "feature"? I didn't notice it while test driving the CVT civic but it's definitely noticeable in the 6MT

Eurogreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.8 Tourer
how much actual whp the +6psi tune makes? Hondata adveritises 215, but vtec.net measured 200 And dsport mag 200 as well both on dynojet. Why is the difference? I'm talking about 6mt.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
how much actual whp the +6psi tune makes? Hondata adveritises 215, but vtec.net measured 200 And dsport mag 200 as well both on dynojet. Why is the difference? I'm talking about 6mt.
Hondata uses a dynapack which may not perfectly factor rotational mass from the wheels. They are incredibly consistent but tend to read a little higher than Dynojet or Mustang dynos.

Regardless, most of use are looking at % gains over baseline vs WHP.

Last edited: