More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
Support for the Euro Hatch ECU part numbers:

37820-5AN-E12 to E62 and 37820-5AN-G22 to G92 was added early April.
So with the even greater boost levels of this new tune you still stand by the reliability and longevity of the car in combo with your product? Been highly debating between this and the ktuner v2. lack of stock has held up my decision. Im one of the many noobies on here that have toiled back and forth with the idea of flashing and I think we all worry about the same thing. Voiding the warranty and experiencing a major failure. And before someone says it I know I know, if you dont wanna pay then dont play.

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So with the even greater boost levels of this new tune you still stand by the reliability and longevity of the car in combo with your product? Been highly debating between this and the ktuner v2. lack of stock has held up my decision. Im one of the many noobies on here that have toiled back and forth with the idea of flashing and I think we all worry about the same thing. Voiding the warranty and experiencing a major failure. And before someone says it I know I know, if you dont wanna pay then dont play.
Stick to the base +3 and +6 calibrations and you should be safe. I wouldn't recommend using +9 if you are worried about warranty.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The stock answer from these companies is the same, the products are for off road use only. My opinion, At this time, if you are worried about voiding your warranty by flashing your car, then don't do it. Until Hondata gets in with Honda as HondaProJason mentioned then it can be a problem

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
Stick to the base +3 and +6 calibrations and you should be safe. I wouldn't recommend using +9 if you are worried about warranty.
Have there been any documented power train issues with the tenth gen 1.5 thus far? I was hoping somebody by now would have thrown a tune on one, beat the living hell out of it and still lives to drive another day lol

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
The stock answer from these companies is the same, the products are for off road use only. My opinion, At this time, if you are worried about voiding your warranty by flashing your car, then don't do it. Until Hondata gets in with Honda as HondaProJason mentioned then it can be a problem
Its only a problem is theres a failure. I understand the risk but if its truly been battle tested and presses on then its alot less worrisome.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have there been any documented power train issues with the tenth gen 1.5 thus far? I was hoping somebody by now would have thrown a tune on one, beat the living hell out of it and still lives to drive another day lol
There are cars running tunes all over, I have the +6psi high octane from Hondata. A couple members have custom tunes from Vit. But it so early in ownership that no one really knows what it will do long term on CVTs. Hondata broke their cvt on purpose but we dont really know any details other than they broke it.

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
There are cars running tunes all over, I have the +6psi high octane from Hondata. A couple members have custom tunes from Vit. But it so early in ownership that no one really knows what it will do long term on CVTs. Hondata broke their cvt on purpose but we dont really know any details other than they broke it.
sorry should have mentioned im repping the 6mt

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its only a problem is theres a failure. I understand the risk but if its truly been battle tested and presses on then its alot less worrisome.
honestly it is just going to vary, Vits saying is YMMV(you mileage may vary) one car may handle high tq fine and another may slip the belt. I feel like we can tune them up and still be safe, but if something happens its my fault Im not going to blame anyone. Of course, the more wild the tune, the closer to parts failures you get.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was hoping somebody by now would have thrown a tune on one, beat the living hell out of it and still lives to drive another day lol
We went three better. We threw a tune on three of these Civics. Two from Team Honda Research West and one from Honda Performance Development and raced them for 25 hours last December. The cars are still racing today with the same engines and transmissions they practiced and raced with last year. They have a completely stock engine and MT.

I think race proven is an accurate and well earned description.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sorry should have mentioned im repping the 6mt
Well then your problem will be the stock clutch can't handle the badass tune Vit can give you. His slips but he says it always recovers...so far... but an upgrade is definitely happening he sai.

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
We went three better. We threw a tune on three of these Civics. Two from Team Honda Research West and one from Honda Performance Development and raced them for 25 hours last December. The cars are still racing today with the same engines they practiced and raced with last year. They have a completely stock engine and MT.

I think race proven is an accurate and well earned description.

I do recall stumbling across this post of yours a while back when it first came out and I was quite impressed. Seems definitely capable of handling what you throw at it. But I guess theres no way to prove how it will hold up years down the line, or once you breach 100,000km or further. Thats my concern

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Wait, so is Hondata and Honda trying to collaborate? Because that would be pretty amazing! Have them combine with HFP and finally they can have a real performance division like the Germans. Even ford is starting to do it with their mustang/focus/fiesta.

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
anyone in ontario canada making the switch to Ktuner? Gladly take your flashpro off your hands :p

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait, so is Hondata and Honda trying to collaborate? Because that would be pretty amazing! Have them combine with HFP and finally they can have a real performance division like the Germans. Even ford is starting to do it with their mustang/focus/fiesta.
Well Jason mentions it coming to a Honda dealer near you soon in his Hondata video, but not a word about it since
Sponsored