Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I thought the difference was because of the Sports downpipe and exhaust which is different from the other models, possibly larger diameter and/or free flowing exhaust.
I initially though that too, but it just seems not to be the case. When you put 91 octane in a non-Sport model, it gets the same gains. The ECU is very smart and dynamically adjusts (over time) to the higher octane fuel.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think the delta is too small to measure consistently. The exhaust was probably designed more for sound over performance (though I haven't experienced one to know the difference).

Honda Civic 10th gen More fun: No Lift shift, boost lag eliminated, 226 HP, 255 tq calibration maxresdefault

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Eliminated preprogrammed software boost lag

^ Is this a setting you have to apply?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yesterday i feel a little slept but only on one pull in 2nd gear, i dont know how a 280wtq without clutch sliping is possible?

(Sorry for horrible english...i speak french)
I ran the 9 PSI today going to work and back. Never felt any slipping on my HT. But then again, I probably jinked myself saying that lol.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Whats the best RPM to have the no no lift shift at? I currently have mine at 5000rpm.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
How many people are DDing with the +9 basemap? I find it very difficult to go back to the +6 haha.

Btw did anyone do a 0-60 on the +6/+9? Curious as to how fast the time is compared to stock.

Also, if I were to install aMishimoto intake, is it safe to run it with the +9 PSI or should I drop it down to +6?

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many people are DDing with the +9 basemap? I find it very difficult to go back to the +6 haha.

Btw did anyone do a 0-60 on the +6/+9? Curious as to how fast the time is compared to stock.

Also, if I were to install aMishimoto intake, is it safe to run it with the +9 PSI or should I drop it down to +6?
Intake wont change much, probably need to get a tune once you add that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mostly want the intake just for the sound haha. Guess I won't get it then.
Eh, you can run it without but your Strim fueling might be off a few % affecting your mpgs. I have and AFdyanmic SRI and ran it on a Hondata base tune and it was ok. A nice member here cleaned it the base calibration for me and its fine. Just waiting for my custom tune to get started now. And FYI, the intake I have sounds amazing, On the mishi, you can't hear the turbo as much because its inside that nice box they send with it,

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Eh, you can run it without but your Strim fueling might be off a few % affecting your mpgs. I have and AFdyanmic SRI and ran it on a Hondata base tune and it was ok. A nice member here cleaned it the base calibration for me and its fine. Just waiting for my custom tune to get started now. And FYI, the intake I have sounds amazing, On the mishi, you can't hear the turbo as much because its inside that nice box they send with it,
Ah, so the only downside is full economy. So it'd be ok to run an intake with the 9 paid without a custom tune? Just don't want to break anything since I'm leasing lol.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, so the only downside is full economy. So it'd be ok to run an intake with the 9 paid without a custom tune? Just don't want to break anything since I'm leasing lol.
the +9 would be more likely to break something than the intake. Adding an intake to the +9 isnt going to add hp or tq that is noticeable. Youll love the sound though,

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
the +9 would be more likely to break something than the intake. Adding an intake to the +9 isnt going to add hp or tq that is noticeable. Youll love the sound though,
Is the +9 really that bad to have? I had it for a week now...scared a little now haha.
Sponsored