Monitoring every little thing.

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone else paranoid about their car and monitoring every little thing?

A few things I have noticed: Sometimes when I sit down or more around in the seat I can feel the spring bounce/move around, I hear a little rattle in the top left of the car around the A wall (can't tell what it is, but its really bugging me). After going over a hard bump I heard a big thump/echo come from near the bottom of the car.. or engine? Could it be the suspension?

I know the car isn't broken in yet, so you notice every little thing. Anyone else experience any weird things that annoy/bother them? I could whine to the dealership about it, but idk if its worth it. Could it be normal?
Sponsored

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Anyone else paranoid about their car and monitoring every little thing?

A few things I have noticed: Sometimes when I sit down or more around in the seat I can feel the spring bounce/move around, I hear a little rattle in the top left of the car around the A wall (can't tell what it is, but its really bugging me). After going over a hard bump I heard a big thump/echo come from near the bottom of the car.. or engine? Could it be the suspension?

I know the car isn't broken in yet, so you notice every little thing. Anyone else experience any weird things that annoy/bother them? I could whine to the dealership about it, but idk if its worth it. Could it be normal?
Yes, I'm very particular about this kind of stuff as well.

I notice a left side A pilar/dashboard area rattle at times. Subtle but definitely there.

My display is having issues with smartphone connections, specifically CarPlay.

I get a rattle/slight vibration while moving through 4-6k rpm in 1-3 gear about 40 percent of the time.

Other than these minor things, I am in love, I just worry about these little things all too much.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, I'm very particular about this kind of stuff as well.

I notice a left side A pilar/dashboard area rattle at times. Subtle but definitely there.

My display is having issues with smartphone connections, specifically CarPlay.

I get a rattle/slight vibration while moving through 4-6k rpm in 1-3 gear about 40 percent of the time.

Other than these minor things, I am in love, I just worry about these little things all too much.
Well we have 2 of the same minor issues so I am guessing it is normal/part of production. I get that rattle/vibration in 1-3 gear, but mine happens at a lower rpm. Also the a pillar rattle is getting to me lol. Are you going to wait it out and see if it goes away or bring it to the dealership?

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I also have a rattle on the left side of the car while driving. I've been trying to find it for the past week! Sometimes it doesn't sound like a rattle per say, but it's definitely a noise from the left side, seems like it is coming from right next to me though. (B Pillar area?)

I have a rattle in the dash by the center speaker it seems like at low RPMs. The driver door makes noise at the part with the switches when you lightly press it in, close the door, etc. I tested the other doors and that doesn't happen and isn't reproducible except on the driver one.

Haven't had CarPlay issues though, and even have a jailbroken phone to use Google Maps/Waze/Whatever.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I also have a rattle on the left side of the car while driving. I've been trying to find it for the past week! Sometimes it doesn't sound like a rattle per say, but it's definitely a noise from the left side, seems like it is coming from right next to me though. (B Pillar area?)

I have a rattle in the dash by the center speaker it seems like at low RPMs. The driver door makes noise at the part with the switches when you lightly press it in, close the door, etc. I tested the other doors and that doesn't happen and isn't reproducible except on the driver one.

Haven't had CarPlay issues though, and even have a jailbroken phone to use Google Maps/Waze/Whatever.
Let us know if you figure out what it is. I can't find it at all either.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Sometimes when driving on the highway, it sounds as if my driver's window is cracked open a little but it won't go up any more. It's not all the time which is weird.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Sometimes when driving on the highway, it sounds as if my driver's window is cracked open a little but it won't go up any more. It's not all the time which is weird.
Yep I also have this as well. There is a small whistle sometimes on the highway. Almost like the weatherstripping isn't holding. Tried putting the window up/down a few times to reseal, but I think it's from somewhere else like the door's weatherstripping. Brought it in and they asked if it was before or after tint -- it was before it but I'm hoping it isn't blamed on the tinter. I guess it all depends on Honda's interpretation but it seems like a few of us have it.

Last edited:

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Well we have 2 of the same minor issues so I am guessing it is normal/part of production. I get that rattle/vibration in 1-3 gear, but mine happens at a lower rpm. Also the a pillar rattle is getting to me lol. Are you going to wait it out and see if it goes away or bring it to the dealership?
I am bringing it in for the CarPlay thing because I believe a new head unit will solve this. No one else seems to be having these issues at this point.

While I'm there, I'll have them document it and see what they would like to do.

pgeorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura RLX SH-AWD
Country flag
I also have the noise coming from the top left A-pillar, but it goes away for a little bit if I press on the headliner at that corner.......
Maybe you guys can check if this is the same on your cars?

Nothing else for now on my caR....

Thanks!

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Interesting. I noticed that as well. Not initially but after the 700 mile mark I heard it for the first time. It kind of bugs me because I am a big stickler of creaks and rattles. Hopefully I can find the source of it and get it fixed

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
seems like new cars these days are about quantity over quality. More tech but built to be disposable. Even my VW r32, praised for its interior after a few years was full of odd creaks and rattles.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
A pillar rattle is haunting all of us.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Of the 8 new Hondas I've purchased since 2006, my 2017 Ridgeline has the most rattles/buzzes/ticks/pops/squeaks...by a large margin. My 2017 Civic Si has had the least...by a large margin. I seem to remember "old" Hondas from the 90s being tight as drums.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Of the 8 new Hondas I've purchased since 2006, my 2017 Ridgeline has the most rattles/buzzes/ticks/pops/squeaks...by a large margin. My 2017 Civic Si has had the least...by a large margin. I seem to remember "old" Hondas from the 90s being tight as drums.
my 90's hondas were rattleboxes too but mechanically there were stout.
Sponsored