Mods for best driving feel

densify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan
Country flag
Hey all.
I'm making this thread to get some feedback on what everyone thinks are the top modifications to improve driving feel. By driving feel, I mean things like shifter response, throttle response, chassis composure, and even NVH.

I have a '17 EX-T coupe and some of my complaints are: the shifter is a bit rubbery feeling and not very smooth. The clutch engagement is also not smooth - the relation between clutch pedal to required throttle input is not linear and makes it difficult to drive smoothly in lower gears.

Lets hear your thoughts on best solutions for these kinds of things. I've seen mentions of removing the clutch delay valve and I'm interested in hearing more if anyone has anything to say about that. Thanks and happy Monday.

I know all of this information can be found by searching but I'd rather consolidate it in this thread and well, if you're tired of seeing this kind of post, simply move along.
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
A decent entry level coilover + camber and toe adjustment, quality aftermarket short shifter

OP
OP

densify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan
Country flag

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
The moment I saw the thread about defeating rev-hang, I ordered one. Very excited for that. :)
I have a E36 M3 with a lightweight flywheel at 15lbs; compared to the 25lbs stock one. There's basically no artificial rev hang, and I absolutely don't find the Si rev hang to be objectionable.

Meh

OP
OP

densify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan
Country flag
I have a E36 M3 with a lightweight flywheel at 15lbs; compared to the 25lbs stock one. There's basically no artificial rev hang, and I absolutely don't find the Si rev hang to be objectionable.

Meh
It's probably a combination of poor throttle response stock and a bit of delay in fuel cut that makes it seem so bad to me.
Does anyone with 6MT experience this sort of...oscillation? I notice when I am not smooth when taking off in first, the car will kind of buck back and forth and it seems to be affecting the fuel delivery...like the RPMs will behave similarly to the bucking.
I assumed it had to do with the engine mounts but I'm not quite sure. I did try installing a Hasport rear motor motor mount but that was too stiff and caused too many vibrations and rattles - now I'm running the stock mount filled with silicone.
Does anyone know if the engine play/slop would be improve by doing the same to any other mounts? I'm wondering if its possible to achieve something where when throttle input suddenly changes, the car/engine won't lash as much.

Fastmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmodz.com
Vehicle(s)
1986 CRX
Hey all.
I'm making this thread to get some feedback on what everyone thinks are the top modifications to improve driving feel. By driving feel, I mean things like shifter response, throttle response, chassis composure, and even NVH.

I have a '17 EX-T coupe and some of my complaints are: the shifter is a bit rubbery feeling and not very smooth. The clutch engagement is also not smooth - the relation between clutch pedal to required throttle input is not linear and makes it difficult to drive smoothly in lower gears.

Lets hear your thoughts on best solutions for these kinds of things. I've seen mentions of removing the clutch delay valve and I'm interested in hearing more if anyone has anything to say about that. Thanks and happy Monday.

I know all of this information can be found by searching but I'd rather consolidate it in this thread and well, if you're tired of seeing this kind of post, simply move along.
Hello. Come check us out and see what we can do for you!

digidave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6 speed
Country flag
It's probably a combination of poor throttle response stock and a bit of delay in fuel cut that makes it seem so bad to me.
Does anyone with 6MT experience this sort of...oscillation? I notice when I am not smooth when taking off in first, the car will kind of buck back and forth and it seems to be affecting the fuel delivery...like the RPMs will behave similarly to the bucking.
I assumed it had to do with the engine mounts but I'm not quite sure. I did try installing a Hasport rear motor motor mount but that was too stiff and caused too many vibrations and rattles - now I'm running the stock mount filled with silicone.
Does anyone know if the engine play/slop would be improve by doing the same to any other mounts? I'm wondering if its possible to achieve something where when throttle input suddenly changes, the car/engine won't lash as much.
I also have the '17 EX-T 6MT and notice the same bucking, particularly in 1st gear when crawling along at slow speed and was wondering about how to minimize it or make it go away entirely.

Other than that, the extremely long travel of the clutch seems to be my only other issue but it only really comes up in the lower gears and trying to start the damn thing some times.

OP
OP

densify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan
Country flag
I also have the '17 EX-T 6MT and notice the same bucking, particularly in 1st gear when crawling along at slow speed and was wondering about how to minimize it or make it go away entirely.

Other than that, the extremely long travel of the clutch seems to be my only other issue but it only really comes up in the lower gears and trying to start the damn thing some times.
I do think the clutch travel is a tad long. I actually adjusted the clutch pedal to make the overall travel and engagement point a lot shorter and sooner and this help quite a bit. Now I just need to figure out why the car bucks so much.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I have a CVT and have the same issue ... at low speeds there is a "lull" in acceleration. My best thought is turbo lag ... the difference between below 1700 rpms when you have a 1.5 L only and then some boost on going.