Modesta BC04 vs. BC05

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
Hey guys,

Getting a Modesta Coating done on Thursday. Through my research, I can't find much of a difference between the BC-05 and the BC-04. Anyone have experience with Modesta? This is going to cost me 1500 plus 150 for correction and prep. I want to make sure and choose the right Coating. Thanks!

Looks like they have a few different products. My detailer recommended 04, but I think I want 05, but what do I know? He's the Pro, so I'm looking for the same here if possible.

http://www.modesta.co/products-comparison.html
Sponsored

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Hey guys,

Getting a Modesta Coating done on Thursday. Through my research, I can't find much of a difference between the BC-05 and the BC-04. Anyone have experience with Modesta? This is going to cost me 1500 plus 150 for correction and prep. I want to make sure and choose the right Coating. Thanks!

Looks like they have a few different products. My detailer recommended 04, but I think I want 05, but what do I know? He's the Pro, so I'm looking for the same here if possible.

http://www.modesta.co/products-comparison.html
Due to the price of your investment, have you considered a partial film protection instead?

OP
OP

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Due to the price of your investment, have you considered a partial film protection instead?
I have. My concerns with film are the maintenance needed. I like that the Coating gives a higher gloss finish

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have. My concerns with film are the maintenance needed. I like that the Coating gives a higher gloss finish
I'm not judging how you spend your money, because if I could drop $1500+ to have a pro coat my car, I would. A CQuartz kit is what... <$150? After watching some videos on how to apply it, it doesn't seem as hard as I thought it would be; just takes time. That's a lot of savings to put toward other things.

OP
OP

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not judging how you spend your money, because if I could drop $1500+ to have a pro coat my car, I would. A CQuartz kit is what... <$150? After watching some videos on how to apply it, it doesn't seem as hard as I thought it would be; just takes time. That's a lot of savings to put toward other things.
However, they do have to prep the car, correct it, bake on the Coating, and apply a finish as well. I'm sure it could be done, but to have a 9H Coating on the car that would protect and make it look better seems like a good investment on a car I plan on keeping for a solid 10-15 years.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
However, they do have to prep the car, correct it, bake on the Coating, and apply a finish as well. I'm sure it could be done, but to have a 9H Coating on the car that would protect and make it look better seems like a good investment on a car I plan on keeping for a solid 10-15 years.
So 9H requires a heating process to seal it? Then that makes a lot more sense. I'm planning on buying the CQuartz kit and doing it myself.

What are the prep requirements then? Wash, brick, polish (will polish spra be enough for a 3 week old car?), IPA wipe down, then ceramic coating?

OP
OP

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So 9H requires a heating process to seal it? Then that makes a lot more sense. I'm planning on buying the CQuartz kit and doing it myself.

What are the prep requirements then? Wash, brick, polish (will polish spra be enough for a 3 week old car?), IPA wipe down, then ceramic coating?
Basically. Foam wash, clay bar, polish and paint correct, wet sand if need be. Then they will do wheels and windshield as well.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Basically. Foam wash, clay bar, polish and paint correct, wet sand if need be. Then they will do wheels and windshield as well.
Would ceramic coating be better on a windshield or would sticking to reapplication of RainX be better/easier?
Sponsored