Modest Mods (2016 Civic EX-L)

speedfreak101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda crv exl w/nav
So true C Note. Not necessary unless your car was in a video doing something illegal(STREET RACING). That would suck to get a ticket in the mail because you posted a video of yourself.
Sponsored

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
i have yet to understand this. But isn't there a lot of crazy people on the road too? they can see the plates. ignore my ignorance, but please tell me what can one do with tags from a picture. I am trying to understand.

You and me both, every person you drive by every day and everyone that walks or drives by your car when it is parked see's your plates.

I don't get it at all. :dunno:

Paranoia of big brother I suspect. :spaz:

tcaudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
i have yet to understand this. But isn't there a lot of crazy people on the road too? they can see the plates. ignore my ignorance, but please tell me what can one do with tags from a picture. I am trying to undertand.
Simply put if he continues to upload videos of his car with his plate showing it could lead to trouble. Ive heard stories of people getting careless/reckless driving tickets by uploading videos on the internet of them driving their car up and down the street speeding. Also its just a privacy concern. Driving locally around where you live is one thing compared to millions of people on the internet who might want that amp he just installed and showed where he put it. Its also just my opinion. All im saying is if you get into a habit of uploading your car with plates showing you better be not doing anything illegal.

speedfreak101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda crv exl w/nav
Simply put if he continues to upload videos of his car with his plate showing it could lead to trouble. Ive heard stories of people getting careless/reckless driving tickets by uploading videos on the internet of them driving their car up and down the street speeding. Also its just a privacy concern. Driving locally around where you live is one thing compared to millions of people on the internet who might want that amp he just installed and showed where he put it. Its also just my opinion. All im saying is if you get into a habit of uploading your car with plates showing you better be not doing anything illegal.
I see your point about the freshly installed equipment and showing them where and how it was installed.

karma342

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Ok, I decided to find a car with exceptional gas mileage, innovative electronics, and modern day body style. All without breaking the bank! You all know what I am talking about so I decided to post a picture and let you know the total cost. You be the judge!

First you must use all your connections (legally of course)! Then, do your homework (use this website and many others out there). Then above all, be creative!

Caliper paint was $9 plus two hours of careful work.
Wheels and tires were $1447 at Discount Tire
Konig Wheels 8.5 19 with a 45mm offset
Motivo Tires 235/35/R19
Window Tint was $140
Stereo was $650 to include JL 12" sub with Fosgate Amp

I sold my factory wheels and tires for $800 out the door on Craig's list to a guy who had an 2014 LX. He was very happy with his new look as well.

The total for the mods was $2213. After I sold the factory wheels and tires, I have the perfect car for $1413.

I loose about 20% in ride comfort and road noise with the wider/low profile tires and it took about 1 hour for me to figure out how to re-calibrate the tire sensors (TPMS) but all is well! The speedometer is off by 1 mph when compared to my speedo app.

20160111_083558.jpg
20160111_083519.jpg
20160111_105557.jpg
can we see a video of your new audio setup? also, an audio sample would be awesome, too!

dirtybird222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 STI, 1994 Accord Chumpcar
As a tech for Honda for many years, i would never try to ruin someones warranty for having an aftermarket stereo. That is, unless you came in and complained about speaker/radio issues multiple times trying to state "It's a factory speaker, it's under warranty, it shouldn't blow out hooked up to an aftermarket amp." I'm pretty sure most techs follow the same mantra unless they are disgruntled a-holes.

Car looks good with the black wheels. The rear plastic in the lower bumper/reflector area just looks horrid on black (not your fault) but just doesn't flow well. Only part of these cars I dislike.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
A dealer won't install an amp. If you asked them to, after they chuckled a bit, they'd either say no or sub it out to a car auto shop, getting paid as a middle man, and probably costing you more.

Ive heard stories of people getting careless/reckless driving tickets by uploading videos on the internet of them driving their car up and down the street speeding.
Are there any you can link to?

OP
OP
Shnitzen Gruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Lol dude, you can post all the pics you want of your license. No one can do anything to get your info. Here is another catcher, people see your plates EVERYDAY on the streets.

Btw, have this car been professionally detailed? The reflection off of the car redonkculous.
Thanks bro, factory paint and Maguiar's spray polish....

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The red calipers are a really nice touch. Looks awesome with the black paint and wheels - especially from the rear when juxtaposed with the red tail lights. I'd love to do this with my 2016 Touring when I get it in a month or two but I don't have the ability or tools to take the wheels apart. Do you think the dealer or a local mechanic could do something like this for me?

OP
OP
Shnitzen Gruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
The red calipers are a really nice touch. Looks awesome with the black paint and wheels - especially from the rear when juxtaposed with the red tail lights. I'd love to do this with my 2016 Touring when I get it in a month or two but I don't have the ability or tools to take the wheels apart. Do you think the dealer or a local mechanic could do something like this for me?
Probably not. It's super easy though. All the tools are in the car. Just add masking tape and high temperature spray paint. The time is in the prep with the tape. Took me 2 hours. A tire shop might do it for you......

CivicMichael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably not. It's super easy though. All the tools are in the car. Just add masking tape and high temperature spray paint. The time is in the prep with the tape. Took me 2 hours. A tire shop might do it for you......
Cool, thanks for the info. I've never done any car modding before but after seeing your photos, it really makes me want to try.
Sponsored