Maxxed out Gastank!

rabit1111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
There's about 2 gallons of reserve fuel left, so you technically weren't driving on fumes...:p

Also keep in mind that fuel acts as a coolant to the fuel pump, so running your tank dry repeatedly will cause premature failure of fuel pump!

...also I'm very envious of your gas prices...I pay ~$55 for a full tank :mad:
I thought 12.4 is the spec of the tank. Where did you get the 2reserved gallons from.

Alejoviejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cadillac CTS, 2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
+2.30 a gallon you poor soul. i fill up with a good ol' Andrew Jackson every time
Hovering around 2.10-2.00 per gallon here

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I thought 12.4 is the spec of the tank. Where did you get the 2reserved gallons from.
Sorry, the 2 gallons was meant for the "reserve" portion of the tank, when the gas-light comes on. Sorry, was distracted when I wrote.

That said, fuel Tank volumes are not exact, rather it's a mostly accurate estimate. It also usually only indicates the usable portion of the tank - it omits certain portions of the tank, fuel in the lines, as well as the vapour headspace. But you're right, there's no extra magical 2 gallons.

So I guess OP was running on fumes! Sorry OP :p

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Fuel is over the equivalent of $4 per gallon here in Australia and the civic itself, despite near parity between $au and $can is about 30% more expensive.:(

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Fuel is over the equivalent of $4 per gallon here in Australia and the civic itself, despite near parity between $au and $can is about 30% more expensive.:(
Jeez that's brutal...I remember paying that back before the recession hit. And I'm over here complaining about the $2.04/gal I'm paying lol

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Jeez that's brutal...I remember paying that back before the recession hit. And I'm over here complaining about the $2.04/gal I'm paying lol
We haven't had fuel prices as low as that for about 20 years!

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Still trying to get used to the fuel gauge in my hatchback, every time I think I'm low I go to get gas and end up getting between 9 and 9 1/2 gallons.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Still trying to get used to the fuel gauge in my hatchback, every time I think I'm low I go to get gas and end up getting between 9 and 9 1/2 gallons.
you shouldnt let your gas run down to empty or near. its bad for your fuel pump since it picks up all the dirt at the bottom of the tank

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
you shouldnt let your gas run down to empty or near. its bad for your fuel pump since it picks up all the dirt at the bottom of the tank
That's only if you let it go to E all the time, and even then I'm iffy on it, because all fuel pumps now days have an inlet screen. You can go to 1/8-1/4 every time and be just fine. You could probably wait until the fuel light came on every time and never have an issue.

Last edited:

EMPhoto

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
No doubt, I'm just used to a gauge that says F, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, E.. If there is one thing I really just don't care for is the fact the gauge's are red in color especially after being around racing my whole life red = bad.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T CVT (Black/Ivory)
Country flag
Nice! I am having a terrible issue with gas spilling out of the capless tank and spilling on my car and ground below when at the end of filling up. I searched and found that others have this issues as well. I have put gas in my car 3 times so far and every time I get the same result. I usually fill up at the Shell station cause its close but will try another one out in combination with using the lower flow on the nozzle and not putting the nozzle so far in the tank.

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Lowest fuel prices in Olympia WA currently is around $2.55....I have not let the fuel get low enough for the "low fuel" light to come on, yet.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
You could probably wait until the fuel light came on every time and never have an issue.
Yeah, with every car I've ever owned, I've tried to get a feel for how far past "E" they can go without running out of gas and then pushed them that far on almost every tank, yet I've never had a fuel pump problem. Many driven 100K miles by me that way. Whether the fuel pumps failed in the future after I sold them, who knows
Sponsored