Many warning lights.

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Started the car today after taking off the front bumper and wheels. Now all these lights are on and parking brake or brake hold won't engage. Please help.
Honda Civic 10th gen Many warning lights. 20170201_105802
Sponsored

Last edited:

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Perhaps you unclipped a wire somewhere when you took your wheel off? If the ebrake isn't engaging I would check to see if any plugs have come undone

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Perhaps you unclipped a wire somewhere when you took your wheel off? If the ebrake isn't engaging I would check to see if any plugs have come undone

Checked all connections. The parking brake tries to engage, but stutters and never sticks. If I hold up on the (P) switch, it will hold.

Any idea how to reset the whole system? Unplug the battery, then what?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
How do you have the red themed gauges when you have the coupe?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Like red indicators (fuel level, water temp)? Came this way. It's a 2017 LX.
What... That's weird. I thought all coupes and sedans that used the physical gauges had white indicators...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Maybe because it's a 2017.
Only think i can think of.. Since the sport got/other sports have had red gauges.. When they made the decision to do so for the hb sport.. Someone said.. Hey instead of having 2 part numbers for the analog gauges why not just have 1

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Through trail and error I have tried to resolve this issue on my own. Unplug battery for 24 hrs, Drive 50+ miles continously, Disconnect battery terminal leads and touch them together for 24 hrs, check all fluids and air levels, hold lock and unlock on key faub. Nothing has worked. Car is in perfect driving order except the electronic parking brake and brake hold are inactive. Plus all the error lights on the dash. I did find that disconnecting the battery, the radio keeps all settings. So I assume that the battery disconnect doesn't really reset everything. Power is being held somewhere else to keep the settings. Who knows of a full reset? Is there one? Can I get some help?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Through trail and error I have tried to resolve this issue on my own. Unplug battery for 24 hrs, Drive 50+ miles continously, Disconnect battery terminal leads and touch them together for 24 hrs, check all fluids and air levels, hold lock and unlock on key faub. Nothing has worked. Car is in perfect driving order except the electronic parking brake and brake hold are inactive. Plus all the error lights on the dash. I did find that disconnecting the battery, the radio keeps all settings. So I assume that the battery disconnect doesn't really reset everything. Power is being held somewhere else to keep the settings. Who knows of a full reset? Is there one? Can I get some help?
Full reset is/should have been when you connected the positive and neg wires together without the battery. And you did so for way longer than any dealer would... Was everything in the radio still saved after you did that? It is an android tablet per say and theres def room for it to have its own lithium polymer battery

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Full reset is/should have been when you connected the positive and neg wires together without the battery. And you did so for way longer than any dealer would... Was everything in the radio still saved after you did that? It is an android tablet per say and theres def room for it to have its own lithium polymer battery
It's a LX. No fancy (buggy) Android touch system. I'm really at a loss of what the problem could be. Battery disconnect kept all settings in radio except time.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am pretty sure many of the radio settings are stored in non-volatile memory in modern vehicles so don't be surprised if the settings remain.

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update #1

Took it to the dealer for service. Apparently the VSA Module needed a update and reset. More to come. Going to pick it up and get more detail.

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update #2

This is all I could get out of them. I don't know why I can't get an exact explanation of the work that was actually done. The print out description is very vague.

Honda Civic 10th gen Many warning lights. 20170206_121814-1-1

Anyone know how this was actually performed?

OP
OP
koriw1.5

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update #3

Was able to go on a test drive with the tech that performed the update. He explained it all to me.

He claims the Hondalink some how sends messages back and forth with the Honda Gods. Just so happens there was an update for the VSA Modulator. The Electronic Parking Brake not engaging is a tell tell sign software update is needed. Along with all the warning lights. Unplugging the battery doesn't do anything. It's a physical software update to be done by a dealership service tech. It requires a laptop hook up and download via Honda Software released to the dealerships.
Sponsored