LX Tweeter Install

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed these over the weekend in my LX.. plenty of depth and no need to purchase the factory pods from Honda.. I think they look pretty good...

Honda Civic 10th gen LX Tweeter Install Kicker1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen LX Tweeter Install Kicker2.JPG

too

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Real nice and clean. I have no tweeters, but my trim pieces look different. I also bought the very same location trim piece to accommodate tweeters, but they look different than that. Did you have an upgraded audio system?

OP
OP
frnkp

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Real nice and clean. I have no tweeters, but my trim pieces look different. I also bought the very same location trim piece to accommodate tweeters, but they look different than that. Did you have an upgraded audio system?
just the standard LX audio system.. the radio will be the next to be replaced.. but the wife says i have to wait. :(

too

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Weird. My "standard" audio system Civic LX doesn't even have tweeters.

OP
OP
frnkp

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Weird. My "standard" audio system Civic LX doesn't even have tweeters.
Mine didn't either.. just blank panels where they should be..
I installed these Kicker tweeters myself, I cut holes in the factory blank panel.. I should have taken a before and after.. sorry
I bought this set of Kicker component speakers from Crutchfield ( 6.5 and tweeter )

phiscott

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed these Kicker tweeters myself, I cut holes in the factory blank panel.. I should have taken a before and after.. sorry
I bought this set of Kicker component speakers from Crutchfield ( 6.5 and tweeter )
I just got my 300 watt, 6.5" Kicker speakers delivered from Crutchfield this week, going to put them in the doors and rear deck this weekend. Probably go for tweeters next. Did you come across any issues when removing door panel?

OP
OP
frnkp

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my 300 watt, 6.5" Kicker speakers delivered from Crutchfield this week, going to put them in the doors and rear deck this weekend. Probably go for tweeters next. Did you come across any issues when removing door panel?
no issues at all, it was quite simple.. there's only three screws, one is hidden behind the door pull but the black plastic piece just pops off to reveal it.. I haven't attempted the rear deck yet.. let me know how that goes..
Honda Civic 10th gen LX Tweeter Install 2016-Honda-Civic-LX-Coupe-interior-door-panel

beanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
no issues at all, it was quite simple.. there's only three screws, one is hidden behind the door pull but the black plastic piece just pops off to reveal it.. I haven't attempted the rear deck yet.. let me know how that goes..
2016-Honda-Civic-LX-Coupe-interior-door-panel.jpg
Funny, in the sedan there is only one screw to remove the door panel. I guess a shorter door.

phiscott

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny, in the sedan there is only one screw to remove the door panel. I guess a shorter door.
Yeah must be a shorter door, only one screw needs to come out. But by the time I gathered the tools and parts I was in and out in under a half hour. They sound good, definitely need an amp though. Haven't tried the back ones yet, started to get rained on.

BarryG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6 spd man sedan
Country flag
Just installed these over the weekend in my LX.. plenty of depth and no need to purchase the factory pods from Honda.. I think they look pretty good...

Kicker1.JPG

Kicker2.JPG
frnkp,
Nice.
How much clearance do you have behind the tweeters? I plan to install Kicker KS component tweeters in my LX. The KS tweeters need 1/8" more flush mounting depth than the CS tweeters; 11/16" versus 9/16". Do you expect that the KS tweeters will be fine with respect to clearance?

OP
OP
frnkp

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
frnkp,
Nice.
How much clearance do you have behind the tweeters? I plan to install Kicker KS component tweeters in my LX. The KS tweeters need 1/8" more flush mounting depth than the CS tweeters; 11/16" versus 9/16". Do you expect that the KS tweeters will be fine with respect to clearance?
Should be no problem... I had plenty of depth and if the KS tweeter is like my CS they'll come with several spacers for angle that'll help

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R
Was it prewired in the door?

OP
OP
frnkp

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was it prewired in the door?
no, just tap into the wire for the mid/lower door speaker.. (generally that is how the factory does it anyway)
Sponsored