LX radio replacement thread

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Research has shown me that there is just about zip for the 2016 civic right now. IMHO for anyone who enjoys music, the base stereo is just no good.
to start i'm going to install a double din pioneer to replace the current pos.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread radiotrim_zpseedvfgui

note that there is a bezel thing around the top that is part or the original radio, brackets from the original transfer right over with little trouble. a third mounting point needs to be addressed. the resulting surface is almost flat so a bezel could easily be fabricated until a store bought could be had
next post wiring.......
Sponsored

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
at first i thought i might luck out and the previous connectors would work. not so. the pin lay out is the same, the difference is in the way the male and female couple. the wire layout seems different also.
until a ready made adapter is avail, i may have to hard wire it as a last resort.
here is a couple pic of the connector that handles most every thing.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread wireb_zps1lzjodvw

Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread wirea_zpsmbje8nee

Wire color 24 pin connector

1 black

2 dark blue

3 white

4 yellow

5 brown

6 white

9 light blue/silver

11 pink

13 brown

14 light green

15 light blue

16 grey

17 violet

18 yellow

19 light blue

22 red

23 dark blue

this connector seem to handle speakers, power, steering wheel controls maybe more.

wire color speakers (base lx)

front left pink and gray

front right brown and yellow

rear left light blue and red

rear right dark blue and white

question right now is the dupe colors? and do the speaker wires change color between the speaker and the head unit.

Last edited:

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
This thread is going to make me regret getting an EX... :oops:

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
heres the back of the radio
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread backofradio_zpsa4txntyt

from left to right whit antenna connector then the camera wires and, then usb, finally the power and speacker wires
next step is to figure what wire does what or wire tracing. will try to post more useful pics until the.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread radio%20back_zpsikhcrqyc

back of radio connectors disconnected
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread antennaconnector_zpsqbssbcgt

antenna and usb connectors

Last edited:

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Hmm, a regular old USB type B connection. That's interesting.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
Anyone have Honda online access to a wiring diagram for the LX radio ?

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Which Pioneer NEX did you get? My friend got the 4100NEX on his Tacoma to replace his radio and it's amazing. I was considering on getting it as well for my '06 Civic until I got my '16.

Research has shown me that there is just about zip for the 2016 civic right now. IMHO for anyone who enjoys music, the base stereo is just no good.

note that there is a bezel thing around the top that is part or the original radio, brackets from the original transfer right over with little trouble. a third mounting point needs to be addressed. the resulting surface is almost flat so a bezel could easily be fabricated until a store bought could be had
next post wiring.......

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
its the avh 5800 bhs, no navigation. but can add later for $$$. when i went to the local car stereo stores and heard even there demos sounded so much better than the base lx radio, i just had to jump in. bezel or not wiring kit or not.

wiring update found only the hot ground and acc.
plus the connector i bought doesn't exactly mate the best. going to investigate the factory manual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
more fun. went to check out the honda manual to maybe get the wiring diagram. alas i don't meet the system requirements. must use 32bit internet explorer 7 or above? how many have 32 bit machines nowadays. i do but only IE 6 and cannot find 7.

mrdarling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Civic EX Coupe
more fun. went to check out the honda manual to maybe get the wiring diagram. alas i don't meet the system requirements. must use 32bit internet explorer 7 or above? how many have 32 bit machines nowadays. i do but only IE 6 and cannot find 7.
Glad to see your making progress! Keep the info coming! You're the pioneer of this so far.

mrdarling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Civic EX Coupe
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread radiotrim_zpseedvfgui

next post wiring.......

How difficult was it to get the cover holding the stereo in off? Did you have to remove any other paneling to get it off?

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
once the ac controls are removed and the two screws that hold the radio in, the radio will just pop out. it may take a little force but not that much, there are 6 other points that need to be pulled out. grab from the top corners and give a crisp pull. there are four small philips screws that hold the rear of the bezel on, use the proper size. or if needed i see that part is about $20. i'll be postin an update real soon

edit did a rough install and i musssssst tell you.........
replace that factory radio as soon as you can even with a cheapie.
maybe final update to follow with all details.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
sorry folks going to have to put off further updates for a bit as i want to finish up with the install, it sounds that good. even with the stock speakers. 85% as good as my home sys. but in the mean time the connector i bought will NOT work at all, tough the parts from it can and were used. this is only the most basic installation and gives me only the most basic of the head units features at this time. some of the head units features are locked and needs further inputs to unlock them, such as parking brake and reverse inputs. i'll do my best for pics.

mrdarling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Civic EX Coupe
sorry folks going to have to put off further updates for a bit as i want to finish up with the install, it sounds that good. even with the stock speakers. 85% as good as my home sys. but in the mean time the connector i bought will NOT work at all, tough the parts from it can and were used. this is only the most basic installation and gives me only the most basic of the head units features at this time. some of the head units features are locked and needs further inputs to unlock them, such as parking brake and reverse inputs. i'll do my best for pics.

Understood. Please fill us in once everything is finished. MY LX (manual) gets delivered in April and I'm really hoping that I can get the new stereo working! As of now, your the only person I know of that has made an attempt.