LX hatch questions

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
A couple of questions on the non-sensing LX hatch. I tried looking in the manual, etc, but didn't come up with much.

1. The auto headlights...is the sensitivity adjustable? My 9th gen Civic allowed you to do this, as does my wife's '16 EX-T sedan. I'm guessing the trigger point or sensitivity is fixed on the LX.

2. My old Civic allowed you to disable the colors in the gauge cluster that change based on how economical your driving style is. Is the green/white able to be fixed on the LX hatch, or are you stuck with it always changing color?

Neither of these are a big deal, just curious, and I couldn't find much. Seems like the vast majority of the manual deals with phone integration, sensing, etc. Not much on the LX cluster or functions. I purposely bought the LX hatchback 1). to keep it cheap and simple but 2). keep the upgraded engine and 3). i like the gauge cluster design better, so no worries if the customization is near nil on the LX.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
I'm not too sure about the LX model.
I have an EXL, and you can adjust the auto-on light setting in the advanced system options of the vehicle.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
A couple of questions on the non-sensing LX hatch. I tried looking in the manual, etc, but didn't come up with much.

1. The auto headlights...is the sensitivity adjustable? My 9th gen Civic allowed you to do this, as does my wife's '16 EX-T sedan. I'm guessing the trigger point or sensitivity is fixed on the LX.

2. My old Civic allowed you to disable the colors in the gauge cluster that change based on how economical your driving style is. Is the green/white able to be fixed on the LX hatch, or are you stuck with it always changing color?

Neither of these are a big deal, just curious, and I couldn't find much. Seems like the vast majority of the manual deals with phone integration, sensing, etc. Not much on the LX cluster or functions. I purposely bought the LX hatchback 1). to keep it cheap and simple but 2). keep the upgraded engine and 3). i like the gauge cluster design better, so no worries if the customization is near nil on the LX.

Thank you.
1)Yes. U can adjust the auto headlights.. Unless ur talking about the auto high and low beam.. No car has ever had an auto headlight on option that wasnt been able to be switched to manual... (Not sure why you would want to...)

2) yes u can dissable the green/white econ lighy... Again.. Not sure why you would want to..(mines just white all the time either way..)

OP
OP
syncro87

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1)Yes. U can adjust the auto headlights.. Unless ur talking about the auto high and low beam.. No car has ever had an auto headlight on option that wasnt been able to be switched to manual... (Not sure why you would want to...)

2) yes u can dissable the green/white econ lighy... Again.. Not sure why you would want to..(mines just white all the time either way..)

Thanks for replying. How do you adjust the auto headlights on the LX? I can do it on my wife's EX-T no problem.

The eco light, was just curious, it doesn't bother me at all.

OP
OP
syncro87

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
duplicate reply please delete thank you

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Thanks for replying. How do you adjust the auto headlights on the LX? I can do it on my wife's EX-T no problem.

The eco light, was just curious, it doesn't bother me at all.
By using the on off option instead of the auto option

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think he was just talking about a sensitivity option, not having to do it manually.

OP
OP
syncro87

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think he was just talking about a sensitivity option, not having to do it manually.
Yes. On my 2014 Civic, you could go into a menu and pick different sensitivity levels when the auto lights would activate. Guessing you can't do this with the LX, and there is just some factory default light level that triggers the headlights when in auto mode.

You could also deactivate the colored dash lighting in the cluster separate from Eco mode.
Sponsored