Live Pics: Civic Type R at 2017 NYIAS

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Hey anyone notice how f'king awesome those tail lights look? Is it just the lighting or has the rear side marker/reflector been changed to a small red bulb in a black housing?
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Hey anyone notice how f'king awesome those tail lights look? Is it just the lighting or has the rear side marker/reflector been changed to a small red bulb in a black housing?
The red rear corner lights are required for the North American market, similar to the front amber corner lights.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
The type R in the videos is #00007

I wonder if the digit count is a indication of how many type Rs they plan on building.

xA_Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack, 2017 Civic EX-T
Just got home from work so a little late, but wow is a good sound system really bad to have in the Type R? One of the first things I'm doing is getting custom fitted subwoofers in the sides of the trunk. And whoever wants this car for just track you should be complaining about more than 2 doors first, not how good the music is going to sound.

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
Just got home from work so a little late, but wow is a good sound system really bad to have in the Type R? One of the first things I'm doing is getting custom fitted subwoofers in the sides of the trunk. And whoever wants this car for just track you should be complaining about more than 2 doors first, not how good the music is going to sound.
I believe in a great driver in a luxury/tech packed civic type r is gona do better around the track than an average driver in an exige.

Therefore if theres anything to improve it would be my driving skills way before i need to worry about 12 speakers adding weight.

but you know, not many people think the way i do.

r31ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tercel, Daihatsu Xenia
Eh, if this car going to be your daily drive, why not install good sound system. And four door is practical if this will be your only car. And all in all, its your car dude, que sera sera.

But I do still annoyed with internet expert who goes, "It doesn't have seat heater, it doesn't deserve to be called Type-R." Do you even Type-R bro?
It's (used to be) a car that basically add stuff to improve the handling and remove everything that doesn't make it faster or not legally required.

xA_Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack, 2017 Civic EX-T
Eh, if this car going to be your daily drive, why not install good sound system. And four door is practical if this will be your only car. And all in all, its your car dude, que sera sera.

But I do still annoyed with internet expert who goes, "It doesn't have seat heater, it doesn't deserve to be called Type-R." Do you even Type-R bro?
It's (used to be) a car that basically add stuff to improve the handling and remove everything that doesn't make it faster or not legally required.
When i said the comment about it being a four door, I was using the logic of the people who complain about seat heaters and sound systems. Its all unnecessary for the track. If this car was truly 100% track orientated it would be a one seater, gutted out car with not even any carpet, etc. But its not for the track, its for enjoyment and comfortability that can go to the track too. If you want a track car buy the SI Coupe and gut it out and throw the type R engine into it.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
What's interesting is I attributed it to a mistake the first time he said it during the video about midway through thinking he must have meant the Si or gotten information mixed up. He then ended the video further expanding that Honda said it will launch next month around the same time as the Si. Very, very intriguing. Honestly grasping at any straw at this point.

It makes sense. On Honda website they said there will be drive event for both Si and CTR next month.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
He said it twice. There were a couple other very minor slip-ups but this point was clear - twice.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
If it does go on sale next month it's a big slap in the face on a lot of "inside source" people.
True true. Someone, somewhere (on this board I think) did say they had heard late May early June. If they said late Spring and meant June 20th, that's barely accurate.