Live Pics: Civic Type R at 2017 NYIAS

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Anyone else notice what looks like parking sensors all around the car? I figured that they might only be for cross traffic monitoring, but those sensors are only on the rear and you can definitely tell that they are on the front too right above the fog lights. But the most confusing part to me is if they are parking sensors then where is the button to turn them on and off. The UK spec models have the parking sensors but you can turn them off with a switch that's next to the traction control/VSA button.

Anybody got some ideas?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Anyone else notice what looks like parking sensors all around the car? I figured that they might only be for cross traffic monitoring, but those sensors are only on the rear and you can definitely tell that they are on the front too right above the fog lights. But the most confusing part to me is if they are parking sensors then where is the button to turn them on and off. The UK spec models have the parking sensors but you can turn them off with a switch that's next to the traction control/VSA button.

Anybody got some ideas?
I wondered if they aren't sensors but instead are fasteners. I don't believe this theory, but it is a possibility. maybe?

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine has front sensors and there are 2 sensors in the center grille too which I don't see on this R. I can turn them off too.

r31ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tercel, Daihatsu Xenia
I do find it a bit odd they still put in a 12-speaker sound system and apple/android play. I remember when Type R meant "barely any sound deadening" let alone comforts.

Even a 6 or 4 speaker would have been just fine. That would be a couple extra lbs off, and being track focused it wouldn't be hard to explain why its not 12. Hell my Altima only has 6, and at most 9 in the upgrade system, and its not race focused at all.
yup, the earplug is recommended on highway gen.
and now with current/upcoming gen, we have internet expert who bitch about that it doesn't have seat warmer makes it unqualified to be called Type-R...

"what did you even know what Type-R is abo... sigh..."

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Redline reviews said THE TYPER IS RELEASING NEXT MONTH!!!!!
What's interesting is I attributed it to a mistake the first time he said it during the video about midway through thinking he must have meant the Si or gotten information mixed up. He then ended the video further expanding that Honda said it will launch next month around the same time as the Si. Very, very intriguing. Honestly grasping at any straw at this point.

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
What's interesting is I attributed it to a mistake the first time he said it during the video about midway through thinking he must have meant the Si or gotten information mixed up. He then ended the video further expanding that Honda said it will launch next month around the same time as the Si. Very, very intriguing. Honestly grasping at any straw at this point.
Lmaooo yeah i thought the same but watched the whole vid
Sponsored