Live Pics: Civic Si Sedan @ 2017 NYIAS

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Why would one think the regular Civic might have a chance in hell? (Presuming the Si's driver knows how to drive a stick)
Idk, what if they're neck and neck and we establish the notion that both engines are really the same with Honda just sandbagging the EX-T numbers?...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Do the rear doors have that hard plastic like current sedans? Or did they put cloth like the front doors?
The rear is hard plastic and lacks the silver trim unlike leather models.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Idk, what if they're neck and neck and we establish the notion that both engines are really the same with Honda just sandbagging the EX-T numbers?...
I guess anything's possible, but I just can't imagine Honda doing something like that...

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really surprised at how good the sedan looks in person. I thought the renders looked awful. This may sway me away from the coupe.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Why would one think the regular Civic might have a chance in hell? (Presuming the Si's driver knows how to drive a stick)
Certainly possible.

The Civic Sport with 6MT has a 0-60 of around 7.5s, whereas the EX-T does it in 6.8s (CVT). In straight line performance I'm anticipating the Si to come in around 6.5s and 1/4 mile close to the 9th gen Si around 15...so just slightly better than the EX-T w/ CVT.

On the track I'm guessing the Si will have a decent advantage against the CVT base thanks to the adaptive suspension and LSD.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Living in the past Bro. Si shares the same engine. With Flashpro the 1.5 Cvt is sure to be faster. Caraddict from YouTube got his Manual EXT under 6sec 0-60 with KTuner

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Living in the past Bro. Si shares the same engine. With Flashpro the 1.5 Cvt is sure to be faster. Caraddict from YouTube got his Manual EXT under 6sec 0-60 with KTuner
Pretty sure the CVT will not hold up as well as the 6MT. CVT STILL has open differential, so that's a limiting issue as well.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I was (and thought we were?) taking about stock versions of each... Allowing a non-factory tune introduces a bunch of variables that are hard, or even impossible, to account for when comparing these things.