Live Pics: Civic Si Coupe debuts at 2017 NYIAS

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Do you read? I was referring if Honduh make touring Si with 30k+ sticker. If you are one of the ppl willing to pay 30K+ on Si. Well....
I read just fine. I responded to your post as written, not sure why there's any confusion.

Not saying I'd pay that much for an Si, but that there likely are people who would pay a premium over the base Si price (whatever that turns out to be) for extra features, like LEDs, sensing etc. It's not unreasonable to want a sporty car with the high tech features. Hence why they have trim levels with those features on the GTI, WRX, etc...
Sponsored

brandirena86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Mazda RX-8 GT (totalled)
I don't mind all the other stuff I'm just hoping for an option to add LED headlights for US Si. And kind of want a stand out color, I'm not much into the blue or red, seems to much like an every day color to me. Although my husband will be buying the red I'm sure haha. I like the orange they had on one of the previous year models and love the energy green on the new coupes.

ozzymir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
I found there are 2 different colors in different countries. The Brilliant blue in italy looks a lot like that SI.
Only on renders/some photos with wrong color profile. I saw it live and trust me it is the same color as always. Same color that was in previous gen and also in Jazz.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
Can someone please point me to where it states the differences between US and Canada SI features?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Can someone please point me to where it states the differences between US and Canada SI features?
US
"The new Civic Si variants offers premium comfort and convenience features building off of the EX-T Civic Sedan and EX-T Civic Coupe, including:"
http://hondanews.com/releases/honda...nd-sedan-in-dynamic-global-debut-video?page=3

Canada
"The new Civic Si variants offers premium comfort and convenience features building off of the Touring Civic Sedan and Touring Civic Coupe, including:"
http://hondanews.ca/en/news/release...Coupe-and-Sedan-in-Dynamic-Global-Debut-Video

So, if you compare these two press releases you'll see that among the things that the US Si doesn't get are LED headlights, a wireless phone charger (might be available as an accessory), and heated rear seats in the sedan. Based on this information, the Canadian Si may also have other Touring trim features like leather, power seat, and Honda Sensing but that can only be interpolated based on the features that come on the Canadian Touring trim and Honda's statement in press releases.

I understand the omission of remote start due to the manual transmission, although Ford offers it. However, I think Honda Sensing should be offered, if not standard, on every model without exception. It doesn't seem fair to deny anyone access to enhanced safety. On the other hand, the adaptive cruise control function with low-speed follow feature couldn't work with a manual nor could the collision mitigation braking system since it couldn't operate the clutch, so there are technical limitations in play.

It's worse for those of us who own Ridgelines! The Canadian version of the Ridgeline gets the following features that the US version doesn't offer:

- Heated windshield wiper area
- Ventilated front seats
- Power folding mirrors
- Rear climate control panel
- Heated rear seats
- CD player (accessory for US models)
- Rain sensing wipers
- Dual note horns
- Turn signals in the mirrors
- Splash guards (accessory for US models)

The most perplexing item in that list is ventilated front seats. It makes no sense why (cooler) Canada gets ventilated seats and the (warmer) US doesn't!

Last edited:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
The most perplexing item in that list is ventilated front seats. It makes no sense why (cooler) Canada gets ventilated seats and the (warmer) US doesn't!
Probably the same reasons Canada gets the LEDs and US doesn't... I don't think it's about the climate at all; apparently Honda thinks Canada is just cooler, period. :)

Last edited:

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
Awesome thanks for the in depth reply man! If that's the case then it will probably come in at 30k if not 31k CAD. A top trim WRX is 36-38k... decisions decisions.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice find.

What has me perplexed is that the USDM Si seems to get the Touring's audio upgrade. Everything else seems on par with the EX-T.

I think the first order of business will be to swap out the headlights for Touring LEDs. Still looking into the upgrade; but apparently it's all plug & play with OEM components.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What has me perplexed is that the USDM Si seems to get the Touring's audio upgrade. Everything else seems on par with the EX-T.
On the current sedan, it's only on the Touring. On the coupe, it comes with the EX-T, EX-L, and Touring. The hatchback is a bit different - it has a 540-watt (vs. 450) system with 12 speakers (vs. 10) and only on the Sport Touring trim. I guess people will now start whining that the hatchback has a more powerful audio system than the Si. :)

I think the first order of business will be to swap out the headlights for Touring LEDs. Still looking into the upgrade; but apparently it's all plug & play with OEM components.
Not so quick. You can't simply take LED headlights from a Touring and plug them into lower trims. The connectors are different and Honda doesn't make adapters.

Some Ridgeline owners have been successful in retrofitting the RTL-E and Black Edition's LED headlights to lower trims not so equipped. In fact, there is at least one aftermarket company who is selling adapter harnesses for this purpose (also for the Civic). I believe there is some loss of functionality, though, such as the "flash to pass" feature - at least in the Ridgeline and the DRLs don't dim properly.

There are significant differences between wiring harnesses and programming logic between US and Canadian models - even of the same or similar trim level. For example, the US and Canadian Ridgeline dash and door harnesses are completely different.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The community has been swapping out the halogen housings for LEDs for around a year. We have a couple threads on the process, including this one:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/halogen-housing-to-led-housing-swap-finally.6855/

The halogen-to-LED harness adapter is sold by several aftermarket companies. And several use the factory Honda components to ensure long term reliability.

https://hardtopguy.com/store/2016-2017-civic-headlamp-upgrade.html

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2017&catcgry3=4DR+TOUR&catcgry4=KACVT&catcgry5=ELECTRICAL+CONNECTORS+(FR.)+(LED+HEADLIGHT)

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good to know!

I spoke out of turn based on Ridgeline experience and without performing due diligence. Hardtopguy is seller I was referencing who offers the harness for the Ridgeline.

Does the Civic conversion allow the LED headlights to work exactly the same way they do on the Touring models or are there some functional differences?

If the Si's stock halogens illuminate the roadway adequately, then I doubt I'd upgrade. I rarely drive at night, anyway. My CR-V Touring had halogen projectors which worked well, but I sure like having LEDs in the Ridgeline - they really light up the road (and other drivers' eyes) better than the halogens in the lower trims.

My brother had a Civic Touring sedan - his headlights bordered on blinding.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Coming from my current ride with HIDs, I feel the halogens on the EX-T are lacking. And I nearly considered it a dealbreaker over the GTI Sport... until I came across the LED conversion.

The Touring LEDs aren't class-leading but they are fairly good for the compact class. Better than the Corolla's LEDs, but not as good as the Mazda 3 LEDs or GTI's HIDs.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Not a Ford guy by any means, but an ST at this price point...Shit, Honda has an uphill battle when they price a hot hatch like this...Come on Si, blow this shit out of the water, please

Honda Civic 10th gen Live Pics: Civic Si Coupe debuts at 2017 NYIAS Capture+_2017-04-26-07-06-30

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Not a Ford guy by any means, but an ST at this price point...Shit, Honda has an uphill battle when they price a hot hatch like this...Come on Si, blow this shit out of the water, please
5 minutes in the godawful driver's seat of an ST was enough to get me to look elsewhere...
Sponsored