LED headlight in 2016 Honda civic

Jzhong4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota corolla
Why the new Honda civic doesn't have LED headlights. I know the base trim for toyota corolla has LED headlight.
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Why the new Honda civic doesn't have LED headlights. I know the base trim for toyota corolla has LED headlight.
The Touring modes does have them.

Touring Feature HighlightsIncludes or upgrades EX-L features
  • Standard Honda Sensing™ Feature Suite
    Honda Civic 10th gen LED headlight in 2016 Honda civic info-ico
  • LED Headlights
  • Heated Outboard Rear Seats
  • Front Passenger's Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment
  • 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
  • Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That's just how Honda decided to package the car. The Touring model does come with LED headlights as standard. Whether the lower models will have LED headlights as an option or not is what many of us are waiting to have confirmed.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
That's just how Honda decided to package the car. The Touring model does come with LED headlights as standard. Whether the lower models will have LED headlights as an option or not is what many of us are waiting to have confirmed.
Honda does not offer options or packages on any trims. That's how it is with every model.

OP
OP

Jzhong4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota corolla
Honda civic will be more competitive if it had LED headlight for its basic trim level. And I think LED lighting will become standard for all the cars in the future.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Although no LED headlights, all trims do come with LED DRL (daytime running lights) That will have to suffice for me.

cae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grom
You don't get LED headlights with the base trim, but you also don't get a 4 speed automatic or marginal crash protection.

Here I was just glad they decided to do away with reflector housings. I'm sure some will be willing to pay the ~$1000 to have them swapped out for the LED units.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
And since LED headlights aren't on the accessories list you posted, that means LED headlights will solely be available on the Touring model?
Yes. Only on the Touring. I mean, while full LED on the full line would have been nice of course, it makes sense to keep some features exclusive to the Touring. Or else, why pay a premium for features that are shared in the lesser trims?

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Honda civic will be more competitive if it had LED headlight for its basic trim level. And I think LED lighting will become standard for all the cars in the future.
Eventually, yes, it probably will.

That being said, the new Civic is not only competitive, its class leading as far as what you get for the price.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
You don't get LED headlights with the base trim, but you also don't get a 4 speed automatic or marginal crash protection.

Here I was just glad they decided to do away with reflector housings. I'm sure some will be willing to pay the ~$1000 to have them swapped out for the LED units.
Im sure some would pay a grand for them, if they were available as an option. Unfortunately Honda does not do options. I know. It doesn't work for every one. That being said, having worked for luxury brands, I prefer how Honda has a simple way of equipping each trim than the a la carte German way.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
LEDs are an expensive upgrade on a base LX. Glad they decided to keep them exclusive to upper trims as they do with Accord.

Don't get me wrong; I like them a lot. But no reason to price the Civic above the competition. And offering as an "option" is a risky and potentially expensive move from a supply chain perspective.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The LED is not on the accessory list and Honda doesn't do options people, so expect it to be exclusive to the Touring trim. /thread. As I've mentioned earlier on other threads, it's a replacement part so any conversions are DIY and at your own risk..

Honda doesn't do options because it simplifies that manufacturing process and keeps costs down. The factory knows which features to put in the car once they know the trim, spray a color and send it off. It eases the process too on the used car market.

Just so you people know as well, only the tail lights that light up at night with the headlights are LED. The actual brake light that lights up when you hit the brakes is still incandescent. Same with rear reverse lights and turn signals. Plate lights are LED.
Sponsored