Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
first post...

This older family man still wants a 6MT Civic Si sedan. I'm currently driving an '09 Acura TSX 6MT. I think it has the same motor as the older Si.

A nice car for you to consider is a 2009+ Acura TL with the 3.7L V6. 305HP, AWD, 6MT. They are very comfortable and quiet cars but still fun. I feel they are more classy than a new Civic Si sedan also.
Sponsored

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
A nice car for you to consider is a 2009+ Acura TL with the 3.7L V6. 305HP, AWD, 6MT. They are very comfortable and quiet cars but still fun. I feel they are more classy than a new Civic Si sedan also.
I also considered TL SH. Especially after 2012+ model because they switched from 5 AT to 6 AT. At the end I deicded with the Civic because it just felt very dated for 2015. But if you don't care about technology too much it should be a great commuter.

Bworks3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus RX 300
Our friend HondaPro Jason has shared his speculation on the CivicX Si model, gathered from his own intelligence, sources, and rumors. Note: these are not officially confirmed by Honda in any way.

Si Model Year: No 2016 Civic Si model year. It will be a 2017 model year.
Release: Late Fall 2016 - Early Spring 2017
Specs: 2.0L detuned Type R engine, around 220-230hp, 6 speed manual, many shared parts with Type R.

Other notes:
  • Standard Coupe and Hatchback will be 2016MY.
  • Type R should be released Spring-Summer 2017.
  • All markets will be getting the sedan, coupe and hatchback.
  • Type R will be available in most, but not all markets.
I've been able to find some information on the Coupe, but no mention of the Hatchback other than a few articles saying both the Coupe and Hatchback will be available this spring. Is the Hatchback still on the table for middle year?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
That sounds about right to me. Though the US will likely get the 1.5T with CVT (and 6MT soon after). I'm not sure if they'll produce enough to warrant including the base 2.0.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
That sounds about right to me. Though the US will likely get the 1.5T with CVT (and 6MT soon after). I'm not sure if they'll produce enough to warrant including the base 2.0.
If you're speaking within the context of the Si, you're in for some disappointment then, unless Honda went out of their way to design the 2.0T ED engine for use in under 800 cars total.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Latest 2017 Civic Si speculation from HondaPro Jason upload_2016-2-8_9-2-40

I sign up for Civic updates every month or so just to see what I get in my email. So far, nothing has come through email that I didn't already know. This is the most 'revealing' thing so far. This indicates we will get an Si coupe and sedan. It says nothing about a hatch Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen Latest 2017 Civic Si speculation from HondaPro Jason upload_2016-2-8_9-4-17

For reference, this is what we are looking at on the H website.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
The Geneva Auto Show will likely unveil the Si model. Since it's a global platform, that seems the most logical.

The New York Auto Show is also a possibility.

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
The Geneva Auto Show will likely unveil the Si model. Since it's a global platform, that seems the most logical.

The New York Auto Show is also a possibility.
The Civic may be on a global platform, but the SI is not a global trim level. Geneva will be the unveiling of the hatchback, that's about 90 percent known...we MIGHT see an SI at New York, but will more than likely see the Hatch make its American debut at New York. Since it appears the SI isn't coming out until next year. I'd bet we see the SI at SEMA or LA late this year.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that all trim levels would be global. -no?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Civic may be on a global platform, but the SI is not a global trim level. Geneva will be the unveiling of the hatchback, that's about 90 percent known...we MIGHT see an SI at New York, but will more than likely see the Hatch make its American debut at New York. Since it appears the SI isn't coming out until next year. I'd bet we see the SI at SEMA or LA late this year.
One of the ClickBait articles I located earlier today seemed to indicate there would be a Type S (in addition to the TypeR) which would have the same brakes, power/engine but softer seats, suspension, and include other features. Nonspecific. Not sure how the article came to be honestly... but it would be interesting if both versions were available.
At first I thought the article was saying Type S when it meant Si, but I couldn't imagine the Si would keep the Type R power...
Sponsored