KTuner versus Hondata features/limitations

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do we have an up-to-date summary of the features and limitations of the current KTuner and Hondata units? I'll be working with Vit, and asked him for his recommendation at this point, but I also wanted to see what others are experiencing with each.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for that link. I'm just torn on which route to pursue. I've had experience with Hondata (K-Pro on my 2004 ItR), but don't know much about KTuner at all. I guess since Vit will be tuning it, it really doesn't matter at all. Also, seeing as the device itself is meaningless (besides for datalogging) once the tune upload is in place, I'm not sure I should be spending this much time going back and forth between the two. :p

I'm open to any suggestions though, one way or another. I think that the KTuner is still on backorder though, right? Whereas the Hondata is immediately available?

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
to add to your question for those that are already tuned, if your running a custom tune and arent pushing any limits, is there truly a need to data logging once the tune is dialed in?

OP
OP

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, after thinking about each of the platforms, I decided to go with the KTuner V2. Apparently they're backordered again, but I placed my order this morning with Vit. Hopefully this turns out to be the best decision in the long term. Went with the V2 and the priority tune. All in for $950 sounds like a good deal to me. :)

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
Well, after thinking about each of the platforms, I decided to go with the KTuner V2. Apparently they're backordered again, but I placed my order this morning with Vit. Hopefully this turns out to be the best decision in the long term. Went with the V2 and the priority tune. All in for $950 sounds like a good deal to me. :)
Try being a Canadian right now where our money isnt worth krap lol Exchange is killllling me

Greaver01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch
I know that feeling...$800 USD for ktuner v2 and custom tune from vit is almost $1100 Canadian!
thats what I'm saying pal. Then once you have the tune its like shoot. I need performance tires, and new motor mounts. Sweet now my car flies...Hmmm but it sounds like an angry sewing machine. I know! Exhaust!.... Struggle is real