Ktuner V2 getting started help

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I just received my ktuner but am having trouble getting started. I have only gotten it to even power on twice and both times the unit just says "file integrity failure connect the software to recover".

What is the process to get it connected? Does it need to be plugged into a computer first to register and such? I plugged it into my laptop while in the car, but it won't power up. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just received my ktuner but am having trouble getting started. I have only gotten it to even power on twice and both times the unit just says "file integrity failure connect the software to recover".

What is the process to get it connected? Does it need to be plugged into a computer first to register and such? I plugged it into my laptop while in the car, but it won't power up. Any help is appreciated.
Do you have it plugged into both? I'd recommend that to make sure it's getting sufficient power.

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had it plugged into the obd port and the usb charger in my car. Is that what you mean by both? Twice it came on with the error above. Plugging it into the obd port and laptop, it doesn't turn on.

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think it's defective. Has any one else got this message? When I can get it to turn on, this is all I get.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner V2 getting started help IMG_20170517_205849076

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it's defective. Has any one else got this message? When I can get it to turn on, this is all I get.

IMG_20170517_205849076.jpg
Can you connect to the software on the computer while on that screen?

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
No, I can't get it to even get that far unless it is plugged in to a wall plug or car charger. Connecting it to my home pc, blue lights flash left to right and then nothing. That's what it does most of the time plugging into usb power as well. Just once in a great while I'll get that message when plugging in. I'm assuming that's not what it's supposed to do out of the box?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I can't get it to even get that far unless it is plugged in to a wall plug or car charger. Connecting it to my home pc, blue lights flash left to right and then nothing. That's what it does most of the time plugging into usb power as well. Just once in a great while I'll get that message when plugging in. I'm assuming that's not what it's supposed to do out of the box?
Wall plug or car charger? I'm not sure it's designed for either.

I think you need to plug it into your obd2 port and computer at the same time to make the initial pairing with your ECU.

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Maybe so. It won't turn on connecting to odb and my laptop though. That's what I tried first, so was just trying to get it to turn on at all. Doesn't it need usb power? Or is it powered strictly from the obd port? Because it doesn't even flicker when connected to obd only.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe so. It won't turn on connecting to odb and my laptop though. That's what I tried first, so was just trying to get it to turn on at all. Doesn't it need usb power? Or is it powered strictly from the obd port? Because it doesn't even flicker when connected to obd only.
When plugged into both does the software just report "disconnected"?

Have you emailed [email protected]?

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes, I emailed them, but after hours. The software is stuck at typing in email, name, and password. Only thing I can do is click close. Register and the other button are greyed out. I'm assuming it's waiting on the unit to be recognized before I can register.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I emailed them, but after hours. The software is stuck at typing in email, name, and password. Only thing I can do is click close. Register and the other button are greyed out. I'm assuming it's waiting on the unit to be recognized before I can register.
I would probably expect a quick reply tomorrow morning.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I get that message occasionally. Try turning the car completely off. Then disconnect everything. Unplug from ODB port end, and unplug from the Ktuner device. Then, without turning the car on, plug everything back up, and see if the device boots up. Usually when I get that message, I just unplug, and replug, until it works.

If that doesn't work, try plugging your laptop into the wall, opening the Ktuner software, then plugging the device in.

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ok, Talked with kturner and sent it back, some of the files on the flash card were corrupted. They sent it back and I was able to download a factory tune and a stage 2 tune to it. After flashing it to the ecu, it says 100% finalizing then pops up to power cycle the ecu and hit ok. I am assuming power cycling the ecu is just acc off and back to acc mode? It never comes up and says success or anything. After doing that acc off/on and clicking ok, the unit just goes back to the homescreen. Starting the car there are acc, road departure and brake system warning errors. I flashed back to stock and it does the same thing. What is the proper procedure when it pops up to say powercycle the ecu and hit ok?

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
When the tune is uploaded the prompt window will come up saying to turn the ignition of completely.So turn the ignition off then ignition on not acc. Then hit okay in the prompt window.Should be good to go after that.

OP
OP

turneja6535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks. Pretty sure that's what I did. It won't flash unless it's in acc mode so that's what I returned it to. Ktuner said it was normal to have all those warnings after flashing and to drive it. I did and they went away eventually.
Sponsored