Ktuner Uploading Tune with Push Button Ignition

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going to as a very noobish question. I am putting it out here so that if/when it gets answered, anyone else that has the same question in the future, they can just refer to this thread.

When you upload a tune with Ktuner, you have to have the car off and not running but keyed on. This means the engine is off but your dash lights are lit up because you turn the ignition key partially on.

However, with a push button ignition, it's either on or off. How do you key on your ignition when you have a push button?

I know I can start uploading a tune with the car running but that is not advisable. If I push the button to turn the car off, Ktuner disconnects because the OBDII port is off. Hence my question.

I have had the Ktuner for years but this 'dilemma' is something new. Thanks!

Now I just read something like this for the Ford ----> Flashing Push Button Start Ford
Press once with brake pedal pressed – Starts Vehicle
Press once without pressing brake pedal – Puts vehicle in Accessory Mode
Press and hold ignition button without pressing brake pedal – Puts vehicle in KOEO mode which is what is needed to program or retrieve strategy codes
Is the procedure something like this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Foot off the brake, push the start button twice. That's on mode without turning on the engine.
Thanks much! I didn't know this. Appreciate it. **Heading back out now** :oops:
Sponsored