KTUNER pros & cons

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual
Im thinking about buying a tuner for my 2016 LX Sedan Manual and wondering is it worth it for my model?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
It is so worth it. It does not have full functionality for the 2.0l yet, but the reflash alone is worth it, especially since you have the manual.
Besides they are planning to give full access to it eventually, so it's just a matter of time.

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
It is so worth it. It does not have full functionality for the 2.0l yet, but the reflash alone is worth it, especially since you have the manual.
Besides they are planning to give full access to it eventually, so it's just a matter of time.
How long do you think until they give full access? I'm worried that with the Si and Type R model out, Ktuner will be spending the majority of the time focusing on providing tunes for those cars... I have a 2.0L MT and it is tuned through Ktuner. Would love to see more than just a basic tune come out soon.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long do you think until they give full access? I'm worried that with the Si and Type R model out, Ktuner will be spending the majority of the time focusing on providing tunes for those cars... I have a 2.0L MT and it is tuned through Ktuner. Would love to see more than just a basic tune come out soon.
Is that something a pro tuner such as Vit could help you out with?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
No idea, I would imagine a company like ktuner would finish it before the si and ctr, just so they can be done with it and fully focus on the more performance oriented civics. But then again they might just update bit by bit, like how every time the 1.5l version gets something the 2.0l does too, albeit not as much.

It's also worth noting the aftermarket really hasn't caught up with the 2.0 either. And ktuner usually does a base tune which is good for an intake or stock, and the next level is I/h/e. But we 2.0l don't have a down pipe yet.

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
Is that something a pro tuner such as Vit could help you out with?
Well I emailed Vit or whoever is in charge of ktuner website ([email protected], is that him?) a while back and I believe they only have one basic tune for the 2.0L. He said more tunes will come out eventually...

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I emailed Vit or whoever is in charge of ktuner website ([email protected], is that him?) a while back and I believe they only have one basic tune for the 2.0L. He said more tunes will come out eventually...
Vit works closely with Ktuner but not for Ktuner. You can reach Vit through his website vittuned.com. I'd ask him if he can make a custom tune for the 2.0 and what kind of gains you may can expect.

cheng115

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX MT
Vit works closely with Ktuner but not for Ktuner. You can reach Vit through his website vittuned.com. I'd ask him if he can make a custom tune for the 2.0 and what kind of gains you may can expect.
Oh gotcha, thank you for the website

I just got a response from ktuner and this is what they had to say about tunes for 2.0L vs. 1.5L:

1.5 is turbo. You can change the power level by changing the boost pressure, etc.

2.0 has nothing like this that requires multiple tunes at this time.

While we’d like to put another MT on the dyno to see if anything we learned can produce more power it’s hard to find anyone willing.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh gotcha, thank you for the website

I just got a response from ktuner and this is what they had to say about tunes for 2.0L vs. 1.5L:

1.5 is turbo. You can change the power level by changing the boost pressure, etc.

2.0 has nothing like this that requires multiple tunes at this time.

While we’d like to put another MT on the dyno to see if anything we learned can produce more power it’s hard to find anyone willing.
Makes sense. I'm sure the 2.0 will receive some focus eventually but it can't be denied that the 1.5T has much more tuning potential.

If you're willing to foot the bill you may could find a Honda tuner (that supports Ktuner or Hondata) in your area with a dyno that may would take a shot at it.
Sponsored

Reactions: 18k