KTuner looking for 16 Civic's to test tunes!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner looking for 16 Civic's to test tunes! 12530951_246972005656547_1834286055_n

Just found by my buddy on Instagram. Quoted by KTuner: "KTuner is currently looking for 10th Generation Civic owners to work directly with testing the tunes we've developed for these great new platforms. If you're interested email us at [email protected] for more details."

1.5T & 2.0's!

I believe they are in AZ
http://ktuner.com/

Great news for us enthusiasts!
:wave::drive::bow::thumbsup::nixon::beer:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So I reached out to them last night. Turns out we don't have to be local! So anyone on the forum who is interested should shoot them an email ;)

Luis_Vuitton_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Also can confirm they are still actively looking for people. They require you to purchase a device to access the car, but at a doscounted price.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Also can confirm they are still actively looking for people. They require you to purchase a device to access the car, but at a doscounted price.
Yep, I've been in contact with them, free shipping and a discount :)

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
I JUST e-mailed them... I hope I get chosen! Having a stick with the 2.0 liter engine should help... greater potential...!

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I JUST e-mailed them... I hope I get chosen! Having a stick with the 2.0 liter engine should help... greater potential...!
You don't even need to get picked. The tune is ready to ship today I am told. Now I'm deciding weather or not to go ahead and do it. Trying to figure out how easy it is to not be detected by Honda. (Warranty)

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Good find. Just contacted them as well. Since I'm local maybe I can visit their shop.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't even need to get picked. The tune is ready to ship today I am told. Now I'm deciding weather or not to go ahead and do it. Trying to figure out how easy it is to not be detected by Honda. (Warranty)
I'm interested in this as well. Not sure I want to put anything on that will make it a hassle at warranty. If it can be removed then no problems.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in this as well. Not sure I want to put anything on that will make it a hassle at warranty. If it can be removed then no problems.
That's where I'm at too, if I can see proof that it's safe and won't blow up, and it needs to be non tracable too.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got some additional info on KTuner and they offered me a discount for the module that I could pick up directly from them. They also said they'd prefer I get the end user kit so they can remotely make changes and take datalogs for them. I'm still considering this since it's a mod I'm not super familiar with and does cost a bit of money. Also not sure if Hondata would be better whenever they come out with one. Just in case anyone else is interested, info from KTuner below.

[Info from KTuner]
Removed per KTuner request

Last edited:

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Got some additional info on KTuner and they offered me a discount for the module that I could pick up directly from them. They also said they'd prefer I get the end user kit so they can remotely make changes and take datalogs for them. I'm still considering this since it's a mod I'm not super familiar with and does cost a bit of money. Also not sure if Hondata would be better whenever they come out with one. Just in case anyone else is interested, info from KTuner below.

[Info from KTuner]
You can flash back to factory at any time. We use the same flash protocols as the Honda factory updates. Here’s the full informational post for the turbo models.

KTuner, LLC - https://www.facebook.com/KTunerLLC - www.KTuner.com - is currently looking for a handful of 10th Gen L15B7-T Civic owners from other areas of the country to work directly with one-on-one on acquiring data and verifying results for the tunes we've been developing. Those of you who get picked based on your location will need to purchase the end user kit at a discount in order to flash in these tune revisions and collect further data from the vehicle.

We were so happy that Honda made the leap to turbo charged engines that a little while ago we bought a new turbo Civic for testing! Through several dyno sessions, hundreds of wide open throttle pulls, thousands of test miles, and hundreds of man-hours we've learned a lot about this new platform and we're excited to offer this opportunity. We have tunes prepared for a completely factory setup as well as the Injen intake. There are other new parts in the works for this platform that we will be testing shortly.

Currently supporting the entire line of U.S. L15B7-T Civic CVTs. We are open to working with International Civic owners as well.

The tune you'll be testing includes these improvements:
Improved off-the-line performance
Improved overall throttle responsiveness
A more aggressive Sport Mode
Increased Boost Curve
Still works with 87 octane, though using higher octane did show benefits! We recommend stepping it up.

If they use the same flash system as Honda's updates then Honda can and will know you flashed the ECU. Will that void the warranty on the powertrain? That I don't know...it really depends on the dealer and whether or not they feel like digging into/diagnosing your failure properly.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I sent them the questions below and they provided the responses. It seems from what @biffosaur said and their responses I will likely not be doing this unless anyone else has input on the warranty issue. Even though it's a good deal, I don't feel it's worth it to risk that on a brand new car.

Removed per KTuner request

Last edited:

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
So I sent them the questions below and they provided the responses. It seems from what @biffosaur said and their responses I will likely not be doing this unless anyone else has input on the warranty issue. Even though it's a good deal, I don't feel it's worth it to risk that on a brand new car.

1) Is this traceable by Honda? As in will they know the car has been flashed?
2) Can we make it seem like the KTuner flash was never there? This is our biggest point of concern stopping some of us from jumping on board.
3) Can they use this to void warranty?
4) How much performance gains are we talking about with the flash?
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner looking for 16 Civic's to test tunes! 12530951_246972005656547_1834286055_n

Responses
You can flash back to factory at any time and go in to the dealer on the factory programming. I imagine if you tell them you’ve been flashing the vehicle they may take issue.

Test results won’t be published until the public release.
Good on ya for following up with them.

I should clarify a few things:

-This is not unique to KTuned, so please know I'm not picking on them or anything.

-They are correct that you can flash back and drive in on the stock flash...the warranty will become an issue if there has been a major failure of some kind...thrown piston, knock, valve bent, etc. Many times minor issues like fouled plugs, occasional misfire, leaky seals and such the dealer will just replace and try to get you out the door without much hassle.

-This won't void any warranty for parts that the tune doesn't impact....suspension, interior, exterior, you get the picture. Really just anything that could fail as a result of the increased power/stress.

-You may come across guys that say "oh, my dealer never checks" or "so and so is a tune-friendly dealer". This is fine and dandy until something major goes boom. Honda ultimately will decide whether or not to warranty a repair, not the dealer.

-Unless there is a new service method they will most likely have to pull your ECU and send it to Honda to confirm it's been reflashed...they won't just deny you on the spot.

-It is always a good idea to flash back to stock/replace the stock intake/exhaust before going in to a dealer for a warranty claim.

All that said, I'm just excited to see KTuned numbers :D

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @biffosaur. So it loosk like with this info Honda won't REALLY know you flashed the ECU if you simply flash back and remove traces of the module before going in for service. Might not be a bad deal then and I can always be a bit more conservative upfront to make sure nothing major happens first.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @biffosaur. So it loosk like with this info Honda won't REALLY know you flashed the ECU if you simply flash back and remove traces of the module before going in for service. Might not be a bad deal then and I can always be a bit more conservative upfront to make sure nothing major happens first.
What they will most likely know is the number of times the ECU has been flashed...it's a really simple and cheap add on for them, and they can compare that to the records they have on your VIN from production. If you flash back to stock they probably won't know what you changed (although I can't be 100% sure they don't have the ECU store all the flashes).
Sponsored