OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i ordered a kit on line today. they also had the wiring kit as well! ordered it too. site claims in stock, so we'll see. i won't list the link but if interested google metra and then the part no.
only one real hit comes up it the first one. metra and the p/n was the only way anyone showed selling it. the metra site is for dealers. i'm sure a local car stereo could get one too. i went to a few but they seemed to be flakes and it was sat. hopefully get my steering wheel controls and back- up cam back soon.
≈14 for the dash kit and≈20 for the wiring kit.

Deleted member 3091

i ordered a kit on line today. they also had the wiring kit as well! ordered it too. site claims in stock, so we'll see. i won't list the link but if interested google metra and then the part no.
only one real hit comes up it the first one. metra and the p/n was the only way anyone showed selling it. the metra site is for dealers. i'm sure a local car stereo could get one too. i went to a few but they seemed to be flakes and it was sat. hopefully get my steering wheel controls and back- up cam back soon.
≈14 for the dash kit and≈20 for the wiring kit.
I posted this site a while ago...However, how did order them? It looks like only a company can buy from them? What is the cost of both parts and the part numbers?

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
sorry
I posted this site a while ago...However, how did order them? It looks like only a company can buy from them? What is the cost of both parts and the part numbers?
sorry been testing the gas mileage of the civic last couple dazs. i just now searched " metra 95-7812b " one of the results will show a site other than the metra sites, something like qualitymobilevideo.com/95-7812b.htm . i just got a tracking no. wont be till next week. i'm on the west coast the web site seys there not 15 miles from me yet there shipping it from FL. so much for being in stock, was afraid it was this kind of deaL. it will all be good if i don't see it some place else where i could have got it sooner. just don't like being BS'd. again sorry but i don't like to refer sellers i don't know anything about but this is the only place so far, least online that i can find 14.99 dash kit wiring kit 16.99 shipping well not great.

XfrankX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX-T
Got my install kit today, definitely a high quality. Now I have to wait and decide which stereo I am will buy..

Honda Civic 10th gen kit avail for 2016 civic. IMAG0153 Honda Civic 10th gen kit avail for 2016 civic. IMAG0155

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Got my install kit today, definitely a high quality. Now I have to wait and decide which stereo I am will buy..

IMAG0153.jpg IMAG0155.jpg
If you replace the stereo in your EX-T how will you control the climate?

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I do have climate control on bottom, I can do it in stereo as well as on bottom..
At the bottom? Meaning below the monitor? You have the temperature knobs, fans on/off button, air recirculation button, front window defroster, and rear window/side mirror defroster. But if you replace the monitor wouldn't you lose the ability to see what temperature the climate is set to, change the fan speed level, turn the a/c on or off, and change the vent mode?

XfrankX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX-T
Control are not part of stereo, I checked in part list for civic and it was listed as separate part. As far as me knowing what temp its on, I really don't care, I never look at control for temperature, I turn it on and tweak it according to my need by checking with hand. If i want I can mark the knob for starting and ending on dial but that would not work because knob moves continuously , but anyway there are way around it I am sure. Honda Civic 10th gen kit avail for 2016 civic. IMAG0158

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
another issue is the clock on the MID. The clock is determined by the gps unit. Gps location is sent to stock head unit and info is passed through the can system and displayed on the mid. Vehicle settings can't be changed as well but once I keep it on a setting I don't change it. Vehicle settings are saved on the on memory at the keyless unit or ecu.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
What about viewing rear and side cameras? Switching vehicle settings, maintenance minder, etc etc... Seems like swapping out the factory HU is a lot of work and sacrificed functionality for what? It's not like you're gaining any features except maybe a better EQ? What about android auto and CarPlay? Those will be gone too unless you spend a a lot of $$ for an aftermarket stereo that includes that but even then it won't work as well as the factory install.

To each his own I suppose. It's your car and you can do with it what you please but I honestly don't see the point in this. That $$ could go to many other worthwhile mods IMHO
Sponsored