K20C1 Engine Thread

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Lets get an engine thread going.

What do we see new? Intake manifold/air intake, valve cover.., anything else?

Somebody mentioned a possible crossfire firing order? Is that even a thing on 4 cyls?

Honda Civic 10th gen K20C1 Engine Thread IMG_0682.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen K20C1 Engine Thread IMG_0691.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen K20C1 Engine Thread IMG_0742.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen K20C1 Engine Thread IMG_0743.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen K20C1 Engine Thread IMG_0538.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen K20C1 Engine Thread IMG_0540.JPG

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I'm surprised no one has done a technical detailed review of the K20C1. Not even Honda has any info about it. At least with the old Integra Type R B18C5 engine, Honda published a bunch of technical differences between the base and the Type R engine.

Wonder if it'll have forged internals, similar to the F20/F22.

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Lets get an engine thread going.

What do we see new? Intake manifold/air intake, valve cover.., anything else?

Somebody mentioned a possible crossfire firing order? Is that even a thing on 4 cyls?

IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG
IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0538.PNG

IMG_0540.JPG
Is there an upper strut bar? I only see the brackets in black

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised no one has done a technical detailed review of the K20C1. Not even Honda has any info about it. At least with the old Integra Type R B18C5 engine, Honda published a bunch of technical differences between the base and the Type R engine.

Wonder if it'll have forged internals, similar to the F20/F22.
It has aluminum pistons, and forged rods and crank I read somewhere on one of the older fk2 forums

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Forged rods and crank most all engines have that now. I want to see cut aways etc. does it have good oiling, does it have bearings on both cams, full floating pistons, good rings for reduced oil consumption, is the air filter large and thick etc etc etc. Honda engines are usually pretty good except for oil consumption issues that I have experienced.

Reactions: JYR

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Is there an upper strut bar? I only see the brackets in black
Rigidity/stiffness way up over last chassis... I'm guessing the use of adhesives > strut tower bar.

I just noticed the press release claims "i-vtec"... I'm guessing vtc on both intake and exhaust side, but in terms of variable lift, is it still just exhaust side like the old i-vtec in my ep3? Please correct me if I have no idea what's going on.. I just remember old school vtec(variable lift on both intake and exhaust side?) was wild once it hits, but that sure isn't the case from what I've experienced from I-vtec.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Forged rods and crank most all engines have that now. I want to see cut aways etc. does it have good oiling, does it have bearings on both cams, full floating pistons, good rings for reduced oil consumption, is the air filter large and thick etc etc etc. Honda engines are usually pretty good except for oil consumption issues that I have experienced.
Aluminum pistons is what I was getting at

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Look man, this car right here is like the Mona Lisa of the car world. Honda built this bad-boy from ground up. We talkin forged pistons, bigger turbo, new rise, new crankshaft.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Rigidity/stiffness way up over last chassis... I'm guessing the use of adhesives > strut tower bar.

I just noticed the press release claims "i-vtec"... I'm guessing vtc on both intake and exhaust side, but in terms of variable lift, is it still just exhaust side like the old i-vtec in my ep3? Please correct me if I have no idea what's going on.. I just remember old school vtec(variable lift on both intake and exhaust side?) was wild once it hits, but that sure isn't the case from what I've experienced from I-vtec.
The voted on this car engages at lower rpm to reduce turbo lag.

I really hope this car has no egr system