Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
Hey Dallas may I ask how did you mount the Ktuner to stay in that spot? When I get mine that's exactly where I want to put it...thanks
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Dallas may I ask how did you mount the Ktuner to stay in that spot? When I get mine that's exactly where I want to put it...thanks
for now its rigged with electrical tape holding it up against that piece that lights up for the passenger airbag. Im going to get some velcro so it looks cleaner

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
this is a real world IAT 20 seconds after exiting a freeway for a SRI intake running 70 mph. I Imagine a lower IAT for a CAI sitting well below the engine bay like the PRL

IATS SUCK.jpg
I don't think anyone disagrees. Idle conditions create heatsoak with an SRI. Period.

BUT... the FMIC & inductor should negate most of these issues within a few seconds seconds of moving. I'm not saying SRI's are better. Just that heatsoak can get "overblown" so to speak.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think anyone disagrees. Idle conditions create heatsoak with an SRI. Period.

BUT... the FMIC & inductor should negate most of these issues within a few seconds seconds of moving. I'm not saying SRI's are better. Just that heatsoak can get "overblown" so to speak.
Once its soaked its soaked. Sure that picture was at idle but after I stopped it hadnt changed since I was on the freeway, Even once Im driving, the only thing that comes down is the IAT2 which is post intercooler. And once its soaked, it doesnt budge either. Once my IAT1 at the intake is in the 90s-100s it never comes down, moving or not.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

I wouldn't say over blown. Intercooler or not, SRI takes longer to lower the IATs compared to CAI because you start off with a higher temperature.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Not Si related but I just switched from PRL Stage1 to an Injen SRI(got it brand new for $135, so yeah I bought it, lol) and so far no difference in "felt" performance but awesome sound, not sure how heatsoak is effecting it vs. the PRL but I love it. 2017 HB Sport CVT with Hondata.

crismoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic Ex-T
Not Si related but I just switched from PRL Stage1 to an Injen SRI(got it brand new for $135, so yeah I bought it, lol) and so far no difference in "felt" performance but awesome sound, not sure how heatsoak is effecting it vs. the PRL but I love it. 2017 HB Sport CVT with Hondata.
Where did you buy for 135? Any links? Im for that if its at that price!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$300 for any SRI is expensive, but for one that completely changes the position of the MAF, what a giant waste of money. Go buy an AF Dynamic, it'll do the same thing
And it's only $160 a reasonable price!