K&N intake for Si

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Also looks like a much better heat shield set up than all the other SRI's, looks to enclose the filter much better. The one for the regular 1.5t looks the same but a composite tube which may be better than metal for heat soak
Maybe this intake and other short rams will have a better chance in gaining power if you used a good role of that gold reflective tape. Around the intake system and on it. The filter does look nice.
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe this intake and other short rams will have a better chance in gaining power if you used a good role of that gold reflective tape. Around the intake system and on it. The filter does look nice.
Is that gold reflective tape to ward off evil "heat soak" spirits?

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Definitely want to see some numbers as well. I've always loved the sound of a K&N intake.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm wondering if this is better than prl
No, the PRL Cobra is a cold air intake, it will murder any SRI.

Curious for the outcome, things I notice, MAF is relocated, bend in the intake tube, restrict the air flow. Their intakes for the past generation civics, sucked. Made less power then stock.
I cant imagine relocating the MAF like that and then adding a massive bend will help it make power. Hopefully they at least left it the same size. Even my AF Dynamic with a tiny bend and close to stock MAF placement threw off the fuel trims.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a simple explanation for all of this. PRL CAI- designed to maximize airflow into the engine by utilizing research and testing. K&N SRI- designed to fit in the engine, look good, and make the loud whoosh noise when you romp on it.....oh yeah and sell you replacement air filters ;);)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We can ask PRL since they do R&D, Hey @PRL Motorsports is putting the maf sideways and out of stock placement and before the bends a good or bad thing?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have either tuning system or a general OBD2 dongle so you can datalog and see how far off fuel trims are?
Ktuner with the correct question for this situation!!!!! Ill tag @562Si so maybe he will know you were asking him!

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
BC the PRL has the MAF housing at the stock placement and position, all the bends on the PRL are pre MAF, all the bends on the K&N are after the MAF.
Thanks Dallas now that makes sense to me. I have been really leaning towards the PRL CAI but thought the K&N looked like a quality piece also. I sure would like to see the dyno numbers on the K&N since we have time before the PRL ships anyway.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Dallas now that makes sense to me. I have been really leaning towards the PRL CAI but thought the K&N looked like a quality piece also. I sure would like to see the dyno numbers on the K&N since we have time before the PRL ships anyway.
This is totally a guess, but my cheap brand AF Dynamic Amazon knock off is $169. The injen SRI sits at $220 range. K&N is very proud of their stuff, their old Typhoon SRI were in the $320 range so itll probably be there. At that point Id get the PRL bc we know its tested and true and is presale for $319. Injen threw some dumb dyno numbers out that were debunked almost immediately for the 10th gen. Id be wary if K&N numbers too. Basically, IF you are going to get an intake and are already considering the PRL, I wouldnt sit and wait, the presale at $319 is a steal since regular price once they ship will be $400
Sponsored