First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Dealership: Brighton Honda in Brighton, MI

I put a deposit down on the car in March as the second person in line. The first person backed out shortly after. The dealer has kept me in the loop whenever he heard more information - VIN, color, etc - although 99% of the information I learned here beforehand anyways.

They received it last night at about 5:45 PM, and he promptly e-mailed me that it was there. They closed at 6:00 and I'm an hour away, so I went in first thing this morning. They assumed I did not want it washed, so they didn't wash it. They also assumed I wanted as low mileage as possible, so they literally only drove it to the gas station and back.

They didn't pressure me into anything at all. They forced no accessories on me. They asked if I was going to flash it, to which I said yes, and they brushed off the extended warranty. I did opt for the tire & wheel protection package, which was $530 - non-negotiable (I asked.) In Michigan, I'm almost positive I'll end up using it once in the next 5 years and it's half the price of a single wheel.

They DID forget to remove the blocks in the springs! I'm glad someone posted to check that. They were very respectful pulling it back into the service bay and removing them. He obviously pitched having it serviced at their dealership, which I probably will despite it being an hour drive, and admitted up front they cannot change the tires.

When it was all said and done, I think 8 or 10 employees and a couple customers were all checking out the car, taking pictures, etc. It was, hands down, the most pleasant experience at a dealership I've ever had. The dealer was true to his word and played zero games. I ended buying the cargo tray, floormats (to keep the original ones in the plastic), and the wheel locks. I could have gotten in on the group buy but I wanted the salesman to get that little extra commission.

tl;dr Paid MSRP, 7 miles on the odometer, plate #1050, bought some accessories
Honda Civic 10th gen Just paid MSRP for a PMM 20170621_105910
Honda Civic 10th gen Just paid MSRP for a PMM 20170621_111429
Honda Civic 10th gen Just paid MSRP for a PMM 20170621_111433

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Congrats! SO many folks picking up their cars.

browncow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex-l
FAKE NEWS! No one is selling for MSRP! :thumbsup:

Congrats!
Lol. My local dealer sales manager just told my wife that while she was test driving a couple cars that she has been looking at. He told her dealers are only getting one and none are selling for under 10k over msrp. Lol. He offered her a discount for me to purchase one when it gets in. He cut it down to 5k over msrp.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I donno, if i had 5k i could afford to throw away on a whim... its not gonna be a civic. Rather spend that one hoes and blow

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Now this is a good news story about proper dealership handling and sale :)

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Dealership: Brighton Honda in Brighton, MI

I put a deposit down on the car in March as the second person in line. The first person backed out shortly after. The dealer has kept me in the loop whenever he heard more information - VIN, color, etc - although 99% of the information I learned here beforehand anyways.

They received it last night at about 5:45 PM, and he promptly e-mailed me that it was there. They closed at 6:00 and I'm an hour away, so I went in first thing this morning. They assumed I did not want it washed, so they didn't wash it. They also assumed I wanted as low mileage as possible, so they literally only drove it to the gas station and back.

They didn't pressure me into anything at all. They forced no accessories on me. They asked if I was going to flash it, to which I said yes, and they brushed off the extended warranty. I did opt for the tire & wheel protection package, which was $530 - non-negotiable (I asked.) In Michigan, I'm almost positive I'll end up using it once in the next 5 years and it's half the price of a single wheel.

They DID forget to remove the blocks in the springs! I'm glad someone posted to check that. They were very respectful pulling it back into the service bay and removing them. He obviously pitched having it serviced at their dealership, which I probably will despite it being an hour drive, and admitted up front they cannot change the tires.

When it was all said and done, I think 8 or 10 employees and a couple customers were all checking out the car, taking pictures, etc. It was, hands down, the most pleasant experience at a dealership I've ever had. The dealer was true to his word and played zero games. I ended buying the cargo tray, floormats (to keep the original ones in the plastic), and the wheel locks. I could have gotten in on the group buy but I wanted the salesman to get that little extra commission.

tl;dr Paid MSRP, 7 miles on the odometer, plate #1050, bought some accessories
20170621_105910.jpg
20170621_111429.jpg
20170621_111433.jpg
Holy smokes! Just called them and I'm first in line after you!

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
cool and very rare story! nice purchase.

OP
OP

motazor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Holy smokes! Just called them and I'm first in line after you!
I would assume they're getting another one with the second wave so gratz! I worked with Darryl Caliman if you don't already have a salesperson. They didn't hassle me at all so you shouldn't worry about anything. Where are you located? I'm in Holt - just outside of Lansing.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I would assume they're getting another one with the second wave so gratz! I worked with Darryl Caliman if you don't already have a salesperson. They didn't hassle me at all so you shouldn't worry about anything. Where are you located? I'm in Holt - just outside of Lansing.
I live in SoCal, and I've been trying to find one at sticker since January. Sales guy was Eric.

I told him about your post and made sure they would do the same.

How much was OTD price? You can pm me if you want.
Sponsored