Just joined the CivicX Family!

tpman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT
Hello everybody! I'm pretty new to the forum and lurk 99% of the time.

Anyway, after two long months of waiting after putting in a deposit, my Civic Hatchback LX 6MT in polished metal metallic finally arrived and I picked it up today!

I turned in my '13 Fit lease and I couldn't be happier so far! I can't wait to get through the break-in period to see how it is with higher revs.
Honda Civic 10th gen Just joined the CivicX Family! 20161219_125552-2
Honda Civic 10th gen Just joined the CivicX Family! 20161219_125612-2

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Welcome.

You bought the configuration of hatch that would interest me. LX, manual.

No dealer around me, and I live in a decent sized metro area of a couple million, has one. A manual LX is like finding the Lost Ark of the Covenant around here. Same chance of stumbling across either.

That color works well with the hatch. I'm normally a white or silver guy, but the black plastic panels are way too much of an eyesore against those light colors. They blend pretty well with the dark gray, and this has the effect of minimizing their "pop" factor to my eye.

Excellent choice.

One other observation. Our EX-T sedan has the larger wheels on it, which are a real liability in my area where roads are poor, as well as more expensive to buy tires for. I'd happily have taken your smaller style of alloy wheels if it had been an option. Less fragile.

Congrats.

OP
OP

tpman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome.

You bought the configuration of hatch that would interest me. LX, manual.

No dealer around me, and I live in a decent sized metro area of a couple million, has one. A manual LX is like finding the Lost Ark of the Covenant around here. Same chance of stumbling across either.

That color works well with the hatch. I'm normally a white or silver guy, but the black plastic panels are way too much of an eyesore against those light colors. They blend pretty well with the dark gray, and this has the effect of minimizing their "pop" factor to my eye.

Excellent choice.

One other observation. Our EX-T sedan has the larger wheels on it, which are a real liability in my area where roads are poor, as well as more expensive to buy tires for. I'd happily have taken your smaller style of alloy wheels if it had been an option. Less fragile.

Congrats.
I was told that mine was the first manual that my dealer got in.

I'm happy with the color. When I put the deposit in, they gave me a choice between gray and white. I chose gray, but assumed they meant the sonic gray pearl, so I was a little surprised when I got to the dealer today. Maybe there was some mix-up as to which color they were getting, but I think this color helps to not bring as much attention to the fake vents (I personally think they're overkill, but were never a deal breaker, obviously).

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I was told that mine was the first manual that my dealer got in.

I'm happy with the color. When I put the deposit in, they gave me a choice between gray and white. I chose gray, but assumed they meant the sonic gray pearl, so I was a little surprised when I got to the dealer today. Maybe there was some mix-up as to which color they were getting, but I think this color helps to not bring as much attention to the fake vents (I personally think they're overkill, but were never a deal breaker, obviously).

As cool as that other gray color is, I bet it's a nightmare to match if you ever got in a fender bender. I'd be nervous it would still look obvious from a mile away after repair, but I'm picky and have an eye for paint mismatch on cars.

Your gray, likely a lot easier to match well during a potential future repair, but I'm not a body person so could be wrong. Just a hunch.

I was pretty set on getting a hatch, and might have if they'd had a manual LX in stock anywhere. Now that the new Impreza hatch is out, I'm sorely tempted to pick one of those up instead. But, no manual either until February or so, and the Subaru dealers are way more arrogant and hard to deal with than the Honda guys around here.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
do either of you feel like the shifter linkage could be smoother?

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the family i've learned a lot here and nice colour for your hatchback :)

OP
OP

tpman24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do either of you feel like the shifter linkage could be smoother?
I've only put on about 50-60 miles so far, and it's definitely on the notchy side. Maybe it'll smooth out a bit over time, but I feel like it'll be easy to get used to.
Sponsored