Just got a new EXT emerald green - should i get the paint protection?

jacksmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan LX 2017 (white), Civic Coupe EX-T 2017 (Energy Green)
Bought a white LX a month ago for my wife, liked it so much that I traded in my vehicle today for the Coupe EXT 6MT (emerald green). Of course, along with the bazillion add-ons that the sales team tries to pressure you into (none of which I purchased), there is the "Platinum Shield Paint Protection." I'm more concerned about the paint fading on this car simply because of the color, and I don't have a garage to park it in.

Should I get the paint protection? Or should I just be vigilant about washing and waxing?

Thanks!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A quality paint sealant can be worth while but I would not count on that being anything a dealership offers. I'd pass and look into local detailers that offer coatings such as Gtechniq or Cquartz.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like previously state you should pass on the dealer protection package. These are typically poor performing products that are also usually very poorly applied. You can have an actual professional properly prep and apply a good quality product for close to the same amount of money or slightly more.
Sponsored