Just bought a used 2016 Civic EX-T

TheOddOne

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T 2016
I just bought a used Honda Ex-T 2016 the other week with 10000km. I didn't know about the Civic Issues till now and i'm kind of scared that I bought a car that will cause me problems. One of the issues I've been reading about online is the car not starting up sometimes after it was parked. I know there is supposedly a fix for this but is it a permanent fix? I've read some cases where it didn't really solve anything and the problem still occurred? I really like this car but I'm not sure what to do. Would like to hear some opinions about this. Am I over reacting? Has anyone regret buying a 2016+ Civic?
Sponsored

collard850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
I just bought a used Honda Ex-T 2016 the other week with 10000km. ...... I really like this car but I'm not sure what to do. Would like to hear some opinions about this. Am I over reacting? Has anyone regret buying a 2016+ Civic?
In a word yes. This issue has been reported by a very small number of posters (only 1 person I have seen) I have had zero problems with with my 2017 Civic EX-L. Love the car. There is a solution to the stuck in park issue in, of all places, the manual!

Page 558 of my 2017 Civic EX-L manual (with illustrations not included here)

All models with CVT
  1. Set the parking brake.

2. Remove the key from the ignition switch. (Without smart entry)
  1. Remove the built-in key from the smart entry remote. (With smart entry)
  2. Move the removable beverage holder tray rearward.

2 Front seat beverage holders P. 185

3. Wrap a cloth around the tip of a small flat-
    tip screwdriver to remove the cover of the shift lock release slot. Put the tip of the flat- tip screwdriver into the slot and remove it as shown in the image.

4. Insert the key into the shift lock release slot.

5. While pushing the key in, press the shift lever release button and place the shift lever into (N.u The lock is now released. Have the shift lever checked by a dealer as soon as possible.