Just bought a Civic Hatch Sport!

rpetersen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
How do youlike the sonic grey? Post more pics please!
I really like the color
Because of the pearl in the paint it has different color variations in different light
Plus it is just different from the norm

All in all I really like the car it is fairly quick and is fun to jack rabbit around town in
I have the cvt because I do a lot of driving for work, and it has been a great commuter, smooth and comfortable
I have had the car for 2 weeks now and I already have 2000 miles on it from work!
Sponsored

RallyCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport 6MT Sonic Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the color
Because of the pearl in the paint it has different color variations in different light
Plus it is just different from the norm
I agree completely after owning mine for a few days. When I bought my car my main concerns were a 6MT and a black interior, for the outside I gave my dealer a ranked list of preference. My top three color choices were a tie between Sonic Grey (SG), White, and Polished Metal. My dealer didn't have any Sonic Grey in stock so I couldn't see one in person until I got my car. That said, I am really happy with the SG and hope to take some pictures this morning if or when the sun comes out. The paint is so variable under different lighting conditions that it is hard to get a full feel for the paint with one look.
I think that variability is something you will either enjoy or dislike depending on your personality. I think it's an awesome paint scheme and it really contrasts well with the Hatch black bodywork.

rpetersen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I agree completely after owning mine for a few days. When I bought my car my main concerns were a 6MT and a black interior, for the outside I gave my dealer a ranked list of preference. My top three color choices were a tie between Sonic Grey (SG), White, and Polished Metal. My dealer didn't have any Sonic Grey in stock so I couldn't see one in person until I got my car. That said, I am really happy with the SG and hope to take some pictures this morning if or when the sun comes out. The paint is so variable under different lighting conditions that it is hard to get a full feel for the paint with one look.
I think that variability is something you will either enjoy or dislike depending on your personality. I think it's an awesome paint scheme and it really contrasts well with the Hatch black bodywork.
Pictures do not do this color any justice, it just looks like matte gray
To really see this color you need to see it in person to really get the effects of it
I wish it had more pearl in it though
Alot of people do not like it, it is all about personal preference

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pictures as requested
Washed Clay Bar, Polish and Wax
Ready for winter weather
20161203_155850_1480798781486_resized.jpg
20161203_155704_1480798789322_resized.jpg
20161203_155726_1480798792478_resized.jpg
20161203_155800_1480798786275_resized.jpg
20161203_155821_1480798783751_resized.jpg
I wonder if the glossy black side skirt profile can be installed on the sedan, I am planning to add these and wrap in glossy black all the plastic parts, like on the hatch.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sonic Grey is nice looking, that was my second choice after white.

I sadly cancelled my order. :(

Kluch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 civic
So I just looked at the specs for the sport on edmunds and it seems there are no audio or cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? I guess audio is limited to the center console and where's the cruise control then???

richtj22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4dr Civic LX 2008 Suzuki SX4 Sport
So I just looked at the specs for the sport on edmunds and it seems there are no audio or cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? I guess audio is limited to the center console and where's the cruise control then???
They are both on there. Haha.

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not correct my sport has cruise , radio and phone buttons all on the wheel, I can post picks if necessary.

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Just picked up a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. First time owning a Honda and am loving it so far. My other car is a dodge neon Srt4 and I was worried the Civic would feel woefully under powered but the little sucker gets up and scoots. Any other Hatchback owners around yet?
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
I just picked up the same car as yours. I wasn't sure about the grey, it was a dark day, but my wife thinks it looks elegant compared to the blue. I am not impressed with the low beams, I think Honda went cheap on the bulbs. At first I thought the lens was dirty, then I thought the alternator wasn't working. Pulled my 87 Fiero out of the garage and compared headlights. Yes the Honda is definitely dimmer than my old Fiero lights. So I guess I get to spend money on lights.
Sponsored