MSRP 23,175

PRICE OTD $24,818

how did i do?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are no 2017s, my local dealers are doing invoice on 2018s. Target price including destination should be under 20k on a Hatch sport 6mt. Personally I think it's over priced or needs a few serious updates to make the price tag valued. I'm curious what 2019 brings. Hopefully a very aggressive refresh. Standard sensing should be on Honda's list.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my 2018 SI a couple weeks ago around invoice with no charge for dealer add-ons that were on the car for around invoice with piles of 2017s on the lot. Got median KBB 'good condition' on my 3 year old trade... a couple thousand more than I owed. For the cost of the car itself before taxes and doc fee, I paid less than 1k more for my SI w/summer tires compared to yours.

If you refuse to pay sticker but accept invoice, they are *still* making money w/their holdback. Their doc fee they tack on still represent profit to the dealer. For an easy deal you can feel good about in: Offer invoice, stick to your guns and save a grand or two in the future.

I'm not perfect... I got f'n *burned* on my first new car purchase when I was 20. I didn't realize how bad it was till I traded 3 years later with it 1/2 paid off and had thousands of negative equity, even though I was getting median KBB. Lesson there: If you're buying American, never... ever pay anywhere close to MSRP. You should be gunning for WAAAAY under invoice. Unlike Honda, which gives few incentives/rebates... American manufacturers give tons certain times of the year. It completely devalues the cars. If you aren't getting one of them during the times of the year they knock many thousands off, your eating it. The best used value of an American car has to be based on whatever the highest amount of factory rebate/inventive they're going to offer. If it's $4000, then you need to be paying invoice minus $4000 to not eat it. This is actually one of the reasons why Honda's hold their value so well. It's because the manufacturer doesn't make so many cars the dealers can't sell between invoice and MSRP. American manufactures flood the market and have to offer deep rebates to move them. Ford, GM, Dodge... they all play that game. Honda produces far less vehicles but are able to sell closer to invoice-MSRP. They don't need to devalue their brand because they don't saturate the market.

I've done better each time. Don't sweat it... you didn't get wrecked, but you just paid a bit more than you had to. Take it as a learning experience and do better next time.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You can back out of the deal and renegotiate
Sponsored