Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
TGDI is an acronym for Turbo Gas Direct Injection...and extreme fuel dilution is systemic to the platform regardless of mfg...you need to step it up goof.

'With regard to gasoline cars, they are now beginning to commercialize TGDI engines, with turbo and direct injection of this fuel, with the objective of increasing their energy efficiency through greater fuel savings and less polluting emissions. The increasing popularity of these engines will mean a higher percentage of gasoline in the oil, along with higher temperatures and operating pressure for lubricants.'

Fuel inflow caused by mechanical effect

Notice that there is no mention of turbo-charged vehicles and this info pertains to European/Asian engines - not North American; there might even be diesel engine applications!
Sponsored

OP
OP

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bigger problem is that most people are going to use the spec 0/20 and take it out to the spec OLM probably 10-12k these engines will not hold up to that sort of adversity, with compromised lubrication likely will consume oil within 50k and catastrophic failures shortly after that. This will effect everyone as it unfolds through resale values, once flagged the effected model years will be cost adjusted to this frequent engine failure risk.

So far I would suggest two possible approaches:

1.) purchase an extended warranty and have the Honda dealer do every oil change, retain your records.

2.) Upgrade your motor oil to a 0W-40 A3/B4 spec fill w/filter 3.5qt. and change it once the oil level clearly exceeds the top mark or 7,500mi.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
TGDI is an acronym for Turbo Gas Direct Injection...and extreme fuel dilution is systemic to the platform regardless of mfg...you need to step it up goof.

'With regard to gasoline cars, they are now beginning to commercialize TGDI engines, with turbo and direct injection of this fuel, with the objective of increasing their energy efficiency through greater fuel savings and less polluting emissions. The increasing popularity of these engines will mean a higher percentage of gasoline in the oil, along with higher temperatures and operating pressure for lubricants.'

Fuel inflow caused by mechanical effect
Article appears dated ("...beginning to commercialize TGDI engines..."; Honda is one of the last adopters of TGDI) and the "mechanical effects" all appear to be caused by improper operation or defects in fuel delivery.

OP
OP

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fair, but doesn't change the fact that all of the Honda turbos suffer extreme fuel dilution as do all the other TGDI platforms here and now.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
fair, but doesn't change the fact that all of the Honda turbos suffer extreme fuel dilution as do all the other TGDI platforms here and now.
You cant say all the Hondas. There is no proof or fact to that. This platform is too new

OP
OP

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it will be interesting to get a reply from the dealer, they won't have a good answer for this. After I hear their explanation I'll polity request it in written form. This coming week I'll contact my dealers service manager and set an appointment to discuss this.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Delvac1 one of the best motor lubes known to man and I'll be dumping it next week after less than 2500mi. with extreme fuel dilution..I'll refill with 0/20 and temporarily discontinue my fuel dosing, I really don't see how that does anything but help but soon as I reset and the level begins to climb again it's going in to the dealer for a complete official response, my service manager seems like a straight shooter so I'm hopeful I can come to the conclusion without seeking counsel.
What? Dblshock's maintenance theories aren't working out? That is hard to believe!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it will be interesting to get a reply from the dealer, they won't have a good answer for this. After I hear their explanation I'll polity request it in written form. This coming week I'll contact my dealers service manager and set an appointment to discuss this.
Clown, so you pour garbage in your engine and wonder now why it has issues. YOur stupid issues only got worse each time you went farther away from factory recommendations. Hopefully your service manager reads this forum so he can laugh at your clown self right out of your dealership. Clown. You gonna tell him about that diesel car engine oil you put in?

OP
OP

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if I'm wrong we'll know in two weeks as I've stopped the TC-W3 on the fuel and will fill with 0/20 oil next Saturday then monitor..possible I'm causing this but not likely...too many others with the exact same issue.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Under no circumstances add 2 cycle oil to your gas. It will destroy the o2 censors(by causing them to overheat) and eventually it will destroy the catalytic converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.