Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello Enthusiasts!

Many of you were very excited to learn that we released an official defeat for the dreaded rev hang back at the beginning of August (http://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-its-official-rev-hang-defeated.14207/).

We've received two points of feedback from those in the KTuner community utilizing the rev hang defeat and so we've taken the time to test and strategize the best way forward.

1. We've been asked several times if there's a way to disable the rev hang disable on a switch (ECO/Sport/etc).
2. A few community members experienced some interesting behavior with cruise control operation we were not able to replicate here.

Between these two points of feedback we've written a completely custom strategy from the ground up to make the rev hang defeat even better this time around.

When!?
Today's update (1.0.6.6) officially defeats rev hang in an even smoother fashion, but also fully disables the rev hang defeat any time the cruise switch is enabled (When the Cruise light on the dash is active), returning your vehicle to 100% factory rev hang operation on a switch and of course keeping it factory for Cruise control operation at the same time! This implementation is softer on the throttle to keep everything more factory-like, so we suggest trying out the throttle padding set back to standard if you adjusted it previously.

Who's covered in the update?
We're rolling this out to the ECUs listed below covering all Civic Si and the majority of Civic 1.5T MT/Hatch Sport MTs for feedback. Our testers have been happy so far. If your ECU number is not on the list please contact us by email to verify.

How?
Simply open your existing tunes with rev hang disabled and it will automatically be updated to the new version, then upload your tune to try it out. If starting with a new tune simply check the Disable Rev Hang checkbox.

If feedback continues to be solid we will continue the updated rev hang roll out to all remaining MT ECUs as well. Please leave your feedback once you try it! Thanks everyone!

Civic Si:
5AM-A0x
5AM-C0x
Civic:
5AA-A0x
5AA-C0x
5AA-K0x
5AA-K1x
5AA-K2x
5AA-X0x
5AN-A0x
5AN-A1x
5AN-C0x
5AN-C1X
Sponsored

Last edited:

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Okay I've tried it out and it works well! So basically cruise control icon on instrument cluster = factory rev hang. While no icon is defeated rev-hang.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Okay I've tried it out and it works well! So basically cruise control icon on instrument cluster = factory rev hang. While no icon is defeated rev-hang.
And that will get you perfect cruise control. :) Thanks for the feedback!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
So after a few miles I feel the rev hang defeat on 1.6.5 was more aggressive when active. Anyway to get that method back and retain the factory on cruise on?

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I've been on the standard padding for rev-hang, but this update feels like it's made it more aggressive actually. The engine braking is much, much more noticeable as soon as I'm off the throttle that it jolts the car a bit forward. Then again, I did change the quick adjustments to have an aggressive ramp 2 setting for the turbo. Anyone else experiencing this?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I've been on the standard padding for rev-hang, but this update feels like it's made it more aggressive actually. The engine braking is much, much more noticeable as soon as I'm off the throttle that it jolts the car a bit forward. Then again, I did change the quick adjustments to have an aggressive ramp 2 setting for the turbo. Anyone else experiencing this?
The engine braking itself would be identical to previous, as the throttle plate closes to the same position. The throttle closing to create more vacuum for deceleration is one of the major points in using the rev hang disable.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
The engine braking itself would be identical to previous, as the throttle plate closes to the same position. The throttle closing to create more vacuum for deceleration is one of the major points in using the rev hang disable.
Thank you for the quick response! I'm going to flash to medium padding to see if I was wrong about staying on standard padding, I may have saved the tune with standard but never flashed it until recently.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
This new rev hang defeat is way cooler than I thought!

Sometimes when Im tired I dont wanna have to be perfect with my shifts...or when goin through a neighborhood with alot of speedbumps no rev-hang can be a little rough with these shitty stock mounts...now I can just hit the cruise switch and smooth it all out.

Really happy with this new function, thanks!

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@KTuner so after the update, all I need to do is upload the tune and put a check mark on the disable rev hang option and it should be good to go? Lmk. TIA