Issues with Honda Civic Hatchback Grille

raybay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I got my Honda Civic Hatchback about a month and a half ago. I've had a couple issues with it so far, but my main issue is the way that they built the car. It's poorly put together, things don't line up properly, and it makes it looks cheap (I know it's only a $20k+- car, but it should be built decently). The grille towards the front of the hood has a big enough gap for me to fit my finger in, and you can see it from pretty far away. I dropped off my car for the second time in the past week and they kept the car overnight to fix the grille. They called me to tell me to come pick it up, and once I get there, I asked how they fixed it. The service advisor said "oh, we just used a bunch of zip ties to hold it together". Once I heard that, I was kind of irritated that they didn't ask if I was okay with that, because the week before they said they'd take the bumper off and try to align it properly, and if it didn't look right, they'd order me a new grille. Would you be irritated if you found out they used zip ties to hold your grille together, or am I overreacting?
Sponsored

Last edited:

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
This happens to many cars and even cars standing at the dealer lots. The issue is the bumper tabs break off and the grille pops out on the top. Only official fix is an entirely new bumper.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
This happens to many cars and even cars standing at the dealer lots. The issue is the bumper tabs break off and the grille pops out on the top. Only official fix is an entirely new bumper.
Sponsored