Is this problem with Android Auto or on the Honda side?

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So after doing a factory reset of my head unit, I finally got Android Auto to work. But now I have a small, but VERY annoying problem.

When I use Waze with AA it starts up no problem and finds where I need to go. The problem comes while I am driving. Whenever I use the right turn signal and the camera kicks on, Waze does not come back. Either the screen stays black or it goes back to the AA home screen. I then have to restart Waze to continue using it. Sometimes Waze picks back up where it was after a few seconds, other times it has to be completely restarted with the previous destination. This sounds dumb, but you don't realize how often you use your turn signals until you have to reset your gps every time you use it.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
So after doing a factory reset of my head unit, I finally got Android Auto to work. But now I have a small, but VERY annoying problem.

When I use Waze with AA it starts up no problem and finds where I need to go. The problem comes while I am driving. Whenever I use the right turn signal and the camera kicks on, Waze does not come back. Either the screen stays black or it goes back to the AA home screen. I then have to restart Waze to continue using it. Sometimes Waze picks back up where it was after a few seconds, other times it has to be completely restarted with the previous destination. This sounds dumb, but you don't realize how often you use your turn signals until you have to reset your gps every time you use it.

I know some people like that camera, but you can turn it off if it bothers you that much. It was distracting to me.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag

What version of Waze are you using?
I know it was a major issue, but the latest version works pretty well.

OP
OP

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
As far as I know it is the latest version. But I'll check that again.

dohmez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had this issue with Waze when I tried it a couple of weeks after it finally went public. I found Waze way too buggy in general and switched back to Google maps, but yes I too had this problem.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag

I've had a similar issue when I'm running Waze. When I use the Right Turn Signal and activate Lane Watch, Waze doesn't always come back. Sometimes I've gotten that clack screen, and other times I get sent to the AA Home Screen. I don't lose my destination though, or need to reroute. I just tap the Navigatioin Icon again and Waze comes back up to where it was before.

I just updated Waze to 4.30.0.1 and on my drive today I did not see these issues. Knocking on wood.

OP
OP

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I had this issue with Waze when I tried it a couple of weeks after it finally went public. I found Waze way too buggy in general and switched back to Google maps, but yes I too had this problem.
You don't have these issues with Google maps? Strange since Google bought out Waze awhile back. I was planninh on trying this but realized I didn't have any of my frequently used destinations programmed in. Guess I'll stop being lazy and try it out.

And I am running 4.30.01 of Waze and am still having these problems.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
You don't have these issues with Google maps? Strange since Google bought out Waze awhile back. I was planninh on trying this but realized I didn't have any of my frequently used destinations programmed in. Guess I'll stop being lazy and try it out.

And I am running 4.30.01 of Waze and am still having these problems.
Yeah I just had these problems again :what:, Oh well. I don't think I encountered these issues with Google Maps, but I prefer Waze.

PhotoVoltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've also had this issue with Waze specifically. Never with Google Maps, though.

vize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
I have the same issue with Waze (v 4.30.0.1), but not with Google Maps on Android Auto. If I go to the summary screen and press the direction summary there, everything shows up fine again. The previous version was even more buggier and laggy to the point of being unusable. The latest version is much improved and usable except for this issue. I have submitted a support ticket via the app and I would encourage others to do the same, for this issue to have some visibility and get fixed.

fenerli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring CVT WOP
Country flag
Same problem here...sometimes a quick LaneWatch button on/off press also fixes the blank screen for me but I've had other times where that didn't work either. I wonder if it's an issue with Waze, AA, or Honda interface?

OP
OP

MidnightMonolith

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
This seems to br a problem witg Waze. Like some of the others stated, I haven'thada single issue with Google Maps. Maps will even keep the gps running when i turn the car off (dropping my daughter off on my way to work), so when hope back in the car it is all ready to go.

I really prefer the features of Waze. So I guess I'll have to hope the next update of Waze actually fixes these issues. But till then...Google Maps it is!

vize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
This seems to be fixed now. No updates to the app, not sure what fixed it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
I received a message from one of the developers asking if it's been resolved in 4.30.0.1. I had switched back to using Google Maps, but will have to see how Waze is working now. Sounds like they think they've got it fixed.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
On my drive into work this morning, I didn't see the issue. Knocking on wood. Again :)
Sponsored