Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just remembered that a salesman told me that the '17 Si would be limited production which would of course add to its appeal. Less vehicles, higher resale, plus more unique. I thought he was just pulling facts out his a** but was just wondering if it could be true?
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are far fewer of them than any of the regular coupes, sedans, or hatches, but I don't think it counts as "limited." It's only limited in the sense that you'll probably have to do some driving to get the color/# doors you want. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably harder to find than a 6-speed EX-T... but maybe easier to find than a 6-speed Sport, based on all the complaining I see on this forum :D This is compared to the Type R, which probably isn't considered limited either, of which only a few thousand will even exist in the US for this model year.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I believe all manual transmission cars are limited production in today's market.
Ahh makes sense. I see you're in LA. How's driving stick over there? Also, any tips for driving stick in traffic? This is my first manual.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahh makes sense. I see you're in LA. How's driving stick over there? Also, any tips for driving stick in traffic? This is my first manual.
I have much more relaxed driving conditions than LA, but I can add some input. For slow-moving traffic, definitely get comfortable with your clutch's catch point. You can ease out into first gear (either partly or all the way) without hitting the gas at all.

OP
OP
Unibrow Tail Lights

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Oh okay! That was the first thing my friend who was teaching me told to do. He told me once the car starts moving or is at 1 MPH then I could slowly let the clutch out. Just didn't know it was a technique for traffic

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The dealer I bought my car from has 6 Si sedans and 3 Si coupes in inventory. Limited production?

Its much harder to find an EX + Sensing hatchback. Or even just an EX hatchback - none in stock!

Canteenboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I drive at non peak hours so traffic is not bad. The Si is super easy to drive so I don't think you will have any issues.

styxrogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
sure seems that way... damn hard to find a manual on autotrader...these cars arent selling well. my hometown dealer has 3 of em just rotting on the lot

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Didn't someone "guestimate" there will be 26k Si's built for 2017 going off 2015 numbers? That seems a lot for the 2017 model year which is about to end. But if it spills over, that's a buttload and not "limited" at all. Which is good for buyers. There are tons more already than EX-T manuals. Prices for the Si may stay high during the summer months. I imagine they will drop once fall hits. Still not sure when 2017 model production ends and 2018 begins. That could be a factor as well.

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
It's not limited production, they will make them to meet demand. Of course, they can screw up and underestimate demand, which may mean shortages, for a while anyway.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I just remembered that a salesman told me that the '17 Si would be limited production [...]just wondering if it could be true?
Yes - Si production will be limited...to the number they actually produce. :) We don't know that number and neither does a dealership employee. Honda will know, though.

Didn't someone "guestimate" there will be 26k Si's built for 2017 going off 2015 numbers? That seems a lot for the 2017 model year which is about to end.

Still not sure when 2017 model production ends and 2018 begins.
Honda built 413,931 Civics in North America in 2015. 6.3% (26,077) were Sis. Last year (2016), Honda sold 431,479 Civics in the US and Canada. 2017 represents short model, calendar, and fiscal years for the Si since it didn't go on sale until May 13.

Current model year production ends and next model year production begins typically in August September. History suggests that the 2018 Civic (including the Si) will be quietly announced next month about two-and-a-half months from now and go on sale in October.

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just remembered that a salesman told me that the '17 Si would be limited production which would of course add to its appeal. Less vehicles, higher resale, plus more unique. I thought he was just pulling facts out his a** but was just wondering if it could be true?
Anything to make a sale and if this was one of the guys left over from the Fuller Honda crew, I can totally believe the crap they are spewing out to people:rolleyes:

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Current model year production ends and next model year production begins typically in August. History suggests that the 2018 Civic (including the Si) will be quietly announced next month and go on sale in October.
So... if my car is just now showing up on the build sheet, is there a chance it could be a 2018? Probably not, as turn around once it's on the sheet is probably 2 months or so.
Sponsored