Is it possible to fit and use lanewatch mirror / camera on driverside?

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
An older relative has neck problems which make turning her head very difficult and painful. She finds it quite hard to check her blindspots when needed. She finds the passenger side lanewatch camera to be wonderful and I was wondering of it might be possible to import an overseas (opposite side) lanewatch camera-fitted mirror and put that on the driver side door and then wire it up so that it works when the indicator is used as well?

Alternatively, if it could not be wired into the indicator, could it be wired into a button and set to an additional screen she could fit elsewhere on the dash?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Quite possibly. If you manage to get a hold of the left side lanewatch from an overseas market Civic and crudely rig it up to a monitor by doing some wiring. You probably won't have the guidelines though.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
It would be awesome if Honda would offer a retrofit kit as an upgrade.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm pretty certain Lanewatch is exclusive to North America.
I don't think I've seen it on any other Honda worldwide.

She might be better off buying an off the shelf Blind Spot Monitoring kit and installing that. Or just buy a shitload of mirrors.

Rayven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan
I'm pretty certain Lanewatch is exclusive to North America.
I don't think I've seen it on any other Honda worldwide.

She might be better off buying an off the shelf Blind Spot Monitoring kit and installing that. Or just buy a shitload of mirrors.
I am overseas - I would need a U.S style mirror to fit my car and yesit has lanewatch.

Thanks for the replies

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Sounds like it could work. I don't know what video standard the Lanewatch camera uses, but I've seen several mentions in the U.S. service manual of the rearview camera using the NTSC video standard, which is the standard our TV here used before the advent of high-dev TV. Australia used PAL. Anyway, I would guess the Lanewatch camera also uses NTSC, and I would guess that will be the same for Civics worldwide. If both of those are true, you could buy an NTSC video switchbox that would let you toggle which camera's video is feeding into the headunit.

It won't be simple, but I watch MightyCarMods so I know you Aussies can do it lol
Sponsored