Is it normal for parts to be backordered on a 2017 civic already?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The weatherstripping in my 2017 coupe has been on backorder for over two weeks now from my dealer. Is this normal for a car so new ? I would think parts would be readily available for it.
Sponsored

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
The weatherstripping in my 2017 coupe has been on backorder for over two weeks now from my dealer. Is this normal for a car so new ? I would think parts would be readily available for it.

I hit a turkey with my Civic hatch. Very minor damage. Some paint cracked on the front bumper cover, and some of the black mesh damaged. One of two of the bumper cover retaining clips damaged on the left side.

Took a month for my body shop to get the parts. One part in particular was on back order, I think the left black bumper insert, but can't recall 100% offhand.

Anyway, the part arrival time was extended twice by Honda.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Curious as to why you are ordering the weather stripping? Mine has been coming up in some places and wanted to take it in to get replaced, did not know if you were having the same issue.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious as to why you are ordering the weather stripping? Mine has been coming up in some places and wanted to take it in to get replaced, did not know if you were having the same issue.
The stripping is coming out on the driver door at the top corner , I kept pushing it in but it didn't seem to go in right and kept popping back out. So I pulled it back a little to see if something was lodged in there and little square chunk of rust fell out. Dealer had no idea what it was but I told them I wanted them to pull it all out and check it, that's when they said they needed to order me a new piece , about two weeks ago.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
The stripping is coming out on the driver door at the top corner , I kept pushing it in but it didn't seem to go in right and kept popping back out. So I pulled it back a little to see if something was lodged in there and little square chunk of rust fell out. Dealer had no idea what it was but I told them I wanted them to pull it all out and check it, that's when they said they needed to order me a new piece , about two weeks ago.
Ok perfect that is exactly what is happening to mine. The little corner will not go back down and is starting to really piss me off anytime I try to was my car since the mitt gets caught on it. Did they give you any issues about the warranty or anything?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok perfect that is exactly what is happening to mine. The little corner will not go back down and is starting to really piss me off anytime I try to was my car since the mitt gets caught on it. Did they give you any issues about the warranty or anything?
No, no issues about the warranty,I guess since the car is only three months old and I was sitting there watching them try to put it back and they couldn't, there wasn't much they could say.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
No, no issues about the warranty,I guess since the car is only three months old and I was sitting there watching them try to put it back and they couldn't, there wasn't much they could say.
Mine is a little over 2 months so im hoping they do not give me any issues. I got my tints done and I bet they will try to bs me about them being the issue.

akirarex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
It is normal to have parts go on back order for new model year vehicles. Sometimes it is just supply constraints of manufacturing the parts, sometimes they notice issues with parts and have to resolve them.
Sponsored