Is anyone else experiencing 18 deficiencies with their car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
  • Banned
Has anyone experienced this much bad luck with their purchase?
1.) Left headlight leaks (moisture build up)
2.) Right headlight leaks
3.) HVAC makes a whistling noise in the "Feet Mode"
4.) Left center vent (up/down motion) won't stay down when it heats up (I know it defies gravity but somehow Honda managed to do it)
5.) Windshield and/or wipers leave streaks all over the glass. I have to put "Rain Away" just to see safely every 2 weeks or else in stock mode it is a safety issue.
6.) Rain sensing wipers go ape-shit when activated. Have to use standard "on" just to see properly out of my defective windshield.
7.) Wireless charger works when it feels like it which is almost never. Had it replaced with a new one and guess what? Yep...Honda gave me another clone of the one that was replaced. Honda won't admit that there could be a bad batch that slipped through QC's fingers.
8.) Rear leather seating looks way to loose (some bubbles in some seams) Compared mine with other cars and the other cars looks fine. Bad luck I guess but I am not finished with my luck yet.
9.) Rear camera resolution is of B&W quality....around 280p. It is so useless that I went back to using my mirrors. I traded in a '15 Civic EX and the rear camera was WAY BETTER than this POS camera that Honda saved $5 downgrading. You (new owners) have no idea what a POS camera you have if you step in last years model. Shame on you Tight Ass Honda for saving $5 at your reputations cost.
10.) Rear plastic trunk trim (one that houses the license plate LED) doesn't line up rear panels. Actually most doors don't line up and/or has inconsistent gaps that range from 2mm to almost 8mm!
11.) Driver front (window) door rattles when closing. Honda Service replaced the window track and now the window rattles when closing AND now it stutters when the window goes up. Thanks Honda for making my day a brighter one (more leverage in court).
12.) Driver rear door window rattles when closing. Honda service replaced the outside glass trim to no success. Still there for me to show the judge if he want to hear it for himself.
13.) Passenger front door window rattles when closing. Honda couldn't even fix the driver side doors so they didn't even bother even trying with and other doors.
14. Passenger rear door window rattles when closing. No comment (or see #13 above).
15.) Passenger side door rubber moulding deformed. It's still 2 months on back order. I guess they need all the rubber mouldings that they can get so they can put it in their new cars on the assembly line. Come on Honda...you can't even spare not even 1 for someone who bought one of your lemons?
16.) Rear woofer and/or panel "farts" half volume. Honda blames my music for having to much rhythm (bass). Well excuuuuuuse me!
17.) Infotainment system sometime flashes on and off. Had a software update done on it and fixed the flashing issue. Of course when they fix one thing they create another (collateral damage). Now my Bluetooth doesn't connect all the time (popular deficiency).
18.) The transmission (this one is my favourite) jerks back and forth on the highway rocking me to sleep. Thank God the sudden deceleration from the Collision Mitigation System wakes me up.

Now is this bad luck or is this a lemon?
Sponsored

Last edited:

hluu93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic (Touring/WOP)
Country flag
I only have three small issues as of now.

1. Strange grinding sound at start up when the car is still a bit warm. Doesn't seem to affect anything other than my ears.
2. Random beeping and screen change by the infotainment, but it's pretty rare. Had dealer do a hard reset.
3. Rain sensing wipers will malfunction after a while. I just turn it off and back on. Doesn't rain much here anyways.

Has your dealership tried to address any of your issues? If there's that many problems you shouldn't have any problems getting a new one.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
No issues with my LX

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Has anyone experienced this much bad luck with their purchase?

Now is this bad luck or is this a lemon?
4.) Left center vent (up/down motion) won't stay down when it heats up (I know it defies gravity but somehow Honda managed to do it)

Mine does that too - not major, but it is strange that it moves upward when the air kicks on.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Cracked driver side mirror- taken care of not a big deal
Piston clip recall- taken care of no issues
Creak in the glovebox area- added some weatherstriping from Home Depot issue resolved
Slight vibration under acceleration when cold- after reading i see it might be the transmission cable that runs under the center console. Not a huge deal but something to keep an eye on.

Every car is going to have it gripes. It just sucks to hear the OP has so many.

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Cracked driver side mirror- taken care of not a big deal
Piston clip recall- taken care of no issues
Creak in the glovebox area- added some weatherstriping from Home Depot issue resolved
Slight vibration under acceleration when cold- after reading i see it might be the transmission cable that runs under the center console. Not a huge deal but something to keep an eye on.

Every car is going to have it gripes. It just sucks to hear the OP has so many.
Hey Mannyp93, I also have the creaking in my glove box, which happens when I drive over pretty much every small bump or crack. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me in which area you installed the weather stripping?

As for the rest of the issues, they mainly lie in connectivity issues with the infotainment system, just like pretty much everyone else. I also do notice that the rear view camera isn't very good too, but this is my first vehicle with a rear view camera, so I still reflexively use my mirrors instead. Oh, and my gps was acting up during the drive home from the dealer. It showed me cutting through fields and stuff, and had the completely wrong orientation from the way I was heading. Somehow, it fixed itself when I started the car again the next morning, and it hasn't happened again at all so far.

I hope OP can get his car replaced by Honda.

Last edited:

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Hey Mannyp93, I also have the creaking in my glove box, which happens when I drive over pretty much every small bump or crack. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me in which area you installed the weather stripping?

As for the rest of the issues, they mainly lie in connectivity issues with the infotainment system, just like pretty much everyone else. I also do notice that the rear view camera isn't very good too, but this is my first vehicle with a rear view camera, so I still reflexively use my mirrors instead. Oh, and my gps was acting up during the drive home from the dealer. It showed me cutting through fields and stuff, and had the completely wrong orientation from the way I was heading. Somehow, it fixed itself when I started the car again the next morning, and it hasn't happened again at all so far.

I hope OP can get his car replaced by Honda.
I bought the weather stripping at Home Depot for $2.67 It's like a 25ft roll. It creates a tighter seal when you close the glovebox.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone else experiencing 18 deficiencies with their car? 20160331_143618

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone else experiencing 18 deficiencies with their car? 20160331_143624

WOPcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I bought the weather stripping at Home Depot for $2.67 It's like a 25ft roll. It creates a tighter seal when you close the glovebox.

20160331_143618.jpg

20160331_143624.jpg
Thanks mannyp93, I'll give it a try sometime when I get the chance.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Sorry to hear it, that really sucks. I think you're just having very bad luck. I've had absolutely ZERO issues with my EX-T.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I like the weather stripping solution....but it really bothers me on a new car that you have to do that.

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aside from the piston snap ring recall and flashing infotainment system fixed, my only issues with the car are

1. Reverse camera shows black if I shift into reverse too quickly after starting up
2. Proximity unlocking delays for more than a second on occasion
3. Bluetooth senses that you're having a bad day and sometimes decides to make it worse by spontaneously not working

As for the reverse camera quality, I have wide range of vision and I can distinguish a person from a tree from a car, so it's good enough for what it is IMHO. Never had one before so I'm still learning to trust it in any case.

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
You're definitely spot on about the camera quality. I have a 2015 SI and the lanewatch and rear cameras are a zillion times better. I wonder if its possible to retrofit? Since Honda replaced my headunit and updated the software on my touring it's been running like a boss.

Akirazstylin

Spread a little aloha wherever you go!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like either you've made a bad decision on purchasing your vehicle or you just hate Honda. So much gripes and problems for your civic x, minor details blown out of proportion. Seems like people "seek" for problems with the car. It has actually been a great car for me no Defects or maybe simply I just don't care. A car is a car and it'll eventually wear due to time and sooner or later you'll get a new one you could gripe about too lol. Sorry to hear about the problems but it's quite entertaining to read. Gives me something to chuckle about when I'm bored.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.