Intake review for all my 2.0l LX EX owners

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased the AEM Intake for my 2.0L EX. I will be doing a review and update this when I receive it, install. Also will answer any questions and provide pictures if needed. AEM did a good job designing it from what I can tell. Sadly it isn't carb legal (yet), but I want to support the 2.0L. I don't want it to be put on the backburner because it is still a great motor, and there are a lot of us with these models. The gain was +7 hp, and AEM designed it to use the factory scoop design and eliminate heat for the filter. I may also do a video if it's requested. It isn't said exactly, but it is for all 2.0L models. Coupes, sedans, manual, and CVT. Pricing is fair too. I got mine from Redline360, shipped fedex. They offered a small discount, I believe around $260 total.
Sponsored

OP
OP

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will post a video. I'm doubtful it will be high quality, all I have is my smartphone to record on but I will do my best for you guys. And soon after I'm sure we will get the haters commenting on the video lol. But it always happens

OP
OP

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay so I got a chance to do an install on the intake. The heat shield is a complete pain in the butt to install, you have to cut the trimming for the shield and bend the brackets to jam it in place. That took me the longest. On the drive, I noticed the typical sounds with an intake. It gave the motor a throaty sound, and the VTEC portion of the pull was decent when it engaged. Noticeable power gain once 4500 rpm happens, noticeable boost all the way to redline and the CVT "shifting" but other than that just sounds nice. Would I buy one again? Probably. But don't expect massive gains. Looks good in the engine bay. Well built intake but the shield was a nightmare.

OP
OP

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will and probably a video but it's raining today lol. I will when it's cleared up though

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
its going to be on of those threads that takes weeks for a picture or video.. its just rain. its not going to hurt your phone or car to take a picture

OP
OP

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also I'm at work until 1 am but I will do my best to get what you guys wanted. I said I would and I plan to. Yea I don't like waiting either

OP
OP

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's hard to tell this early in the game. I've had a lead foot so far because I like testing it lol. I will put that on my list, I know a route I take 5 days a week and what MPG I got before so I can test it. I'd assume it's minimal though. I'm going to try to get that and pictures this week, maybe a video if I can get my phone to cooperate

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's funny is, these type of intakes are called "cold air", when in reality, because of the design, they pull in more warm air than the stock intake does. They might be less restrictive, and gain 1-2 HP, but for how much they cost, I would just get a K&N drop in. TETO

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)