Installed sirimoto short shifter

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It took a while to figure out how to unhook the shift cables as well since that was the major part I was concerned with screwing up, and wouldn't you know, it was not the same as the last gen video lol.
So how the hell do you do disconnect them?? I just went to install the sirimoto krispy shift kit over the weekend and couldn't figure it for shit. I ended up just installing the short shifter with the shift tower still in the car but I cant get to the bushings without taking the cables off the tower. Also do you feel/hear more "clunk" (I guess you can say) when shifting into even gears? I do and I'm wondering if this is normal/okay?
Sponsored

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So how the hell do you do disconnect them?? I just went to install the sirimoto krispy shift kit over the weekend and couldn't figure it for shit. I ended up just installing the short shifter with the shift tower still in the car but I cant get to the bushings without taking the cables off the tower. Also do you feel/hear more "clunk" (I guess you can say) when shifting into even gears? I do and I'm wondering if this is normal/okay?
I hear more clunk its normal after the install. Did you put in the base bushings too?

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I hear more clunk its normal after the install. Did you put in the base bushings too?
Okay I'm glad it's normal, still kinda freaks me out though lol. I'm putting the bushings in this weekend cuz I couldn't figure out how to disconnect the shifter cables at the time of install

OP
OP
TrollingHard82

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
when you try to "screw" the shift cables one way or the other, you'll notice there is some play, but something is stopping you. It's a little hard to explain, but there is a bump sticking out of the part the shift cable is hooked to. At the end of the shift cable there is a "tab" so to speak that is hard to see that needs to be lifted in order to clear the bump so you can screw the shift cable off. It's a bit like a child lock. It took me a bit to figure it out since I couldn't really see what the holdup was. I believe I used a long flathead screwdriver to lift the tab while turning the cable. It's a bit of chore managing it all at once. The clunk is normal. I was hoping that this shift kit and the bushings would help with that feeling of resistance that comes with the clunk but it doesn't. For whatever reason, it almost feels like you have to force it into gear sometimes especially when you're shifting quickly and it doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence. My Type R feels exactly the same though if that helps.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Just installed the Sirimoto Short Shifter and Base Bushings on my Si over the weekend. Took awhile to take out the Center Console. Just need to take your time and be patient with it. I ended up leaving the shift tower in the car. There were quite a few more clip connectors attached to the shift tower so I did what some others have done and just slid the base bushings underneath. Just need to be careful not to drop them.

I also notice that changing into the even numbered gears especially 4th and 6th that there is more of a clunk.

Last edited:

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Just installed the Sirimoto Short Shifter and Base Bushings on my Si over the weekend. Took awhile to take out the Center Console. Just need to take your time and be patient with it. I ended up leaving the shift tower in the car. There were quite a few more clip connectors attached to the shift tower so I did what some others have done and just slid the base bushings underneath. Just need to be careful not to drop them.

I also notice that changing into the even numbered gears especially 4th and 6th that there is more of a clunk.
Are you happy with the short shifter and base bushings? Would you recommend the short shifter after driving with it installed?

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you happy with the short shifter and base bushings? Would you recommend the short shifter after driving with it installed?
I would recommend the short shifter. I would also recommend changing the shift link cable bushing for the Acuity one. Shifts never felt crispier

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
I had a short shifter in my previous car, my 08 FA5. I wanted to get that same shift feeling back of the crisp short throws I was used to for almost 10 years. It takes a bit more effort to change gears, so installing a weighted knob also helps.

I can say that the shift feeling I get now is the same as I had before, so I am happy with the short shifter and base bushings. I can't say its for everyone. If you don't feel that there's anything wrong with the current shifter, then there's nothing wrong with leaving it as is.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
has anyone ever run the sirimoto short shifter kit with the boomba racing short shift adapter plate? I have the sirimoto short shift adapter but I kind of want an even more shorter throw.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Installed the Sirimoto Short throw kit.. I will never go back now :) next is the steal braided clutch line, going to remove the delay valve at the same time.
Sponsored