Installed sirimoto short shifter

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
Just installed the sirimoto short shifter this weekend. I also installed the base bushings for the shift tower. I like the results, however, i did run into problems. I was under the impression that there would be a video released for the install because pro civic had done an install video for the last gen civic short shifter. I was in contact with pro civic and they said the install should be almost identical to the last gen. I didn't think it was lol. Half the battle was getting everything out of the way so you could get to the shift tower and remove it. There is a load of crap you have to remove to get everthing out of your way. I did not think that pulling that console out was a simple job. I'm surprised I didn't break anything, and since I was flying blind, the half hour install time mentioned turned into three hours for me just getting to the shift tower. It took a while to figure out how to unhook the shift cables as well since that was the major part I was concerned with screwing up, and wouldn't you know, it was not the same as the last gen video lol. Other than all of that, everything turned out great with the install and I like the improved feel of the shifter. I ran into one major problem overall and it's totally my fault. I lost the spring clip that holds the left-right shift cable onto the shift assembly. I now have my shifter held together with a bread twist tie. It's the only thing I could find that would fit into the grooves cut on the linkage. I'm sure someone with get a kick out of that. There's no real friction or tension on that part of the linkage so it looks like the bread tie could work indefinitely, but I'm not exactly comfortable with leaving it like that. For now I haven't put anything back together and i'm driving around with my air control unit just plugged in and dangling there and my ebrake plugged in and just laying on the frame between the seats. It'd be great if anyone could tell me how to find the part number for that spring clip or how I would find it or if I can't even get that separately and I'll have to figure out a more permanent solution than a bread tie.
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Well... You can't end it there. Pics of this epic adventure? :D

Hope you're able to replace the clip soon! I'd love to install a short throw on mine too but i wouldn't trust myself with an operation this complex

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It'd be great if anyone could tell me how to find the part number for that spring clip or how I would find it or if I can't even get that separately and I'll have to figure out a more permanent solution than a bread tie.

Here you go ...:thumbsup:
This is the part # for the spring clip ... they are cheap about 25 cents 54321-TBA-A01

OP
OP
TrollingHard82

TrollingHard82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R #572, Mazda Cx 9, Yamaha Raider
Here you go ...:thumbsup:
This is the part # for the spring clip ... they are cheap about 25 cents 54321-TBA-A01
That is legendary help my friend. You just saved me a big headache. I will have pictures of my situation up tomorrow hopefully.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That is legendary help my friend. You just saved me a big headache. I will have pictures of my situation up tomorrow hopefully.
No worries glad I could help.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
when i did mine i didn't bother to disconnect the cables. cuz took too long to figure out and didn't want to break them. about a month later i was asked by another company to test fit some bushings for the shifter mount. must say bushing do make a difference. a complete after market shifter is on the way towards the end of the year. wonder if'n we could get the typ r shifter from honda?

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when i did mine i didn't bother to disconnect the cables. cuz took too long to figure out and didn't want to break them. about a month later i was asked by another company to test fit some bushings for the shifter mount. must say bushing do make a difference. a complete after market shifter is on the way towards the end of the year. wonder if'n we could get the typ r shifter from honda?
Get yourself the Acuity shift link cable bushings for even more awesome shifts. Its what I had before the siromoto krispy shift kit and having all the bushings changed really makes a total difference. Acuity is makes quality stuff too. Ill be installing the sirimoto steel braided clutch line next

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
waiting for their shifter to come out. told me towards the end of the year. thats the co that had me check the fit of the bushings. for 37 $ i ordered the honda R shifter as it does have a different part#, seems to be the same, but who knows. next time i have the console apart i'll measure.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
waiting for their shifter to come out. told me towards the end of the year. thats the co that had me check the fit of the bushings. for 37 $ i ordered the honda R shifter as it does have a different part#, seems to be the same, but who knows. next time i have the console apart i'll measure.
The shift link CABLE bushings on the transmission. Check out Acuity.com youll see what I mean. Let me know how the Type R shifter is. Si and Type R shifters are already short throw from factory. Itll probably fit the same

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed sirimoto short shifter IMG_5028.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed sirimoto short shifter IMG_5031.JPG

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
The shift link CABLE bushings on the transmission. Check out Acuity.com youll see what I mean. Let me know how the Type R shifter is. Si and Type R shifters are already short throw from factory. Itll probably fit the same

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG
Do you have any guides that you followed? Really want to do this, but am concerned this may be too big of a headache to attempt on my own.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any guides that you followed? Really want to do this, but am concerned this may be too big of a headache to attempt on my own.
Youtube the boomba racing "short throw shifter" tutorial. It shows how to gain access to the shift link cables on the transmission. After doing so you can then follow the Acuity instructions that come in the box it shows you how to change the actual bushing.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youtube the boomba racing "short throw shifter" tutorial. It shows how to gain access to the shift link cables on the transmission. After doing so you can then follow the Acuity instructions that come in the box it shows you how to change the actual bushing.
Thanks I'll try it out. Do you consider it a rather easy install?

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks I'll try it out. Do you consider it a rather easy install?
Yeah its easy once everything is out of the way. Id recommend getting a set of pocket picks to gently remove the retaining clip, and this type of trim tool to removed this plastic insert inside of the bushing. And little lube or grease for an easier installation. Do you have the sirimoto short shifter installed now?

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed sirimoto short shifter IMG_5029.JPG

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, stock shifter currently