Installed a iPhone dock

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I got tired of looking for the cable then reaching in to find the connector. After connecting my iPhone 6 plus it barely fits in the little console area. So putting it in and removing was getting annoying and makes me not want to use CarPlay. I thought i would try a iPhone dock so I went searching on amazon. Not many to choose from so I gave one a try. One week in and i love it. It makes connecting my iphone and removing it so much easier. The iPhone 6 plus is big so it blocks a couple of the climate control buttons. But the dock has a tilt function so I'm able to tilt it foward and press the buttons I need to. The one I bought was this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010SWQ2O2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_bzrNwbHVA2D56

Only modification I done to it was remove the bottom rubber skid pad and place a couple strips of 3M extra strength double sided tape.

Here's a couple pictures and a demo video on how it functions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock CrebwTn

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock G2FV2Q8

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got tired of looking for the cable then reaching in to find the connector. After connecting my iPhone 6 plus it barely fits in the little console area. So putting it in and removing was getting annoying and makes me not want to use CarPlay. I thought i would try a iPhone dock so I went searching on amazon. Not many to choose from so I gave one a try. One week in and i love it. It makes connecting my iphone and removing it so much easier. The iPhone 6 plus is big so it blocks a couple of the climate control buttons. But the dock has a tilt function so I'm able to tilt it foward and press the buttons I need to. The one I bought was this one
I had the same idea, but I used the Fuse Chicken Bobine Auto.
http://www.amazon.com/Fuse-Chicken-...8&qid=1453137260&sr=8-3&keywords=fuse+chicken

The Bobine Auto is a great idea because it can be easily adjusted, but I did notice that if I took a corner too hard, the phone (I have an iPhone 6 Plus) would shift on the lightning cable just enough for it to become unplugged. Never had an issue with it coming completely off, but enough that the phone would be disconnected from the car and CarPlay/music/maps would stop. I might have to give this a try, looks like it works well.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I did something fairly similar but just decided to go horizontal instead of verticle since it seemed to fit a whole lot better. Picked up the stand for pretty cheap on Amazon and it's been working perfectly so far.
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock JbzeWv
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock pbO3KL
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock xyiMkk

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
This may not work well if you have a big hand and depending on how you hold the gear shift!

It looks like there is not a lot of room there!

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Only modification I done to it was remove the bottom rubber skid pad and place a couple strips of 3M extra strength double sided tape.

Here's a couple pictures and a demo video on how it functions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock CrebwTn

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock G2FV2Q8

I just ordered this exact dock and did the exact same thing! Works/looks awesome!

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Honda Civic EX-L With Navigation
Thank you for Sharing this. i have an Iphone 6 plus and this is something that i want to do too.

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
question does your case wraps around the bottom of the phone or is open?

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
question does your case wraps around the bottom of the phone or is open?
Either should fit this dock. Something like an Otterbox Defender would not fit. As long as the case isn't too thick near the charging port, you should be fine.

2016_EX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I just installed the Apple iPhone dock with a short piece of Velcro. Although the angle is not adjustable, it works fine with an iPhone 6/6s. Not about the larger iPhones. I will take a photo of the installation.
Honda Civic 10th gen Installed a iPhone dock ML8H2_AV2

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the Apple iPhone dock with a short piece of Velcro. Although the angle is not adjustable, it works fine with an iPhone 6/6s. Not about the larger iPhones. I will take a photo of the installation.
ML8H2_AV2.jpeg
where is the picture?

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great mod guys! I also find it annoying to hop into the car and fiddle around for the cable and plug it in and tuck my phone in every single time.. I might go for the horizontal dock method.. thanks for sharing this.

reversals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Might just go for OP's dock. A horizontal docking method makes sense too, but I prefer the ease of placing and removing the phone from the center compartment.

scarfa21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I have the same dock as the OP, have you guys noticed that the phone moves when taking off? My dock is adjustable and moves from to back, works well in car but when taking off it moves back and I have to push it back to its normal position.
Sponsored