First Name
Taslim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered mine and it should be here this saturday. So the stock bolts you have trouble with? The Invidia Exhaust came with those so that you can replace them or you had to buy it again?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I ordered mine and it should be here this saturday. So the stock bolts you have trouble with? The Invidia Exhaust came with those so that you can replace them or you had to buy it again?
It's comes with new bolts but the factory studs you have to hammer out

anupom458

First Name
Taslim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's comes with new bolts but the factory studs you have to hammer out
Is there a new gasket between the new exhaust and the stock pipe or there is already one in the stock system that I need to reuse when I put the N1 in?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Is there a new gasket between the new exhaust and the stock pipe or there is already one in the stock system that I need to reuse when I put the N1 in?
Most exhaust system comes with new gasket but if not I'm sure you could reuse the stock one

anupom458

First Name
Taslim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_2156.JPG
Here is a picture on how it sits. Sound clip will be up next.
IMG_2153.JPG
I just finished installing mine today. Taking those 3 nuts out was hard but other than that it was not that bad. But after running the car for like an hour or so there was a burning smell coming from the exhaust along with the fumes. Did you have that initially since its a new exhaust or did I do something wrong. @16civicFLA @PRO Civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Install full exhaust IMG_2368.JPG

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I just finished installing mine today. Taking those 3 nuts out was hard but other than that it was not that bad. But after running the car for like an hour or so there was a burning smell coming from the exhaust along with the fumes. Did you have that initially since its a new exhaust or did I do something wrong. @16civicFLA @PRO Civic

IMG_2368.JPG
its normal. the metal has a coating of oil

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
As dc2turbo mentioned, the initial smell is normal. Happened with every single new exhaust I've ever installed.

It looks great though, now let's see a video! We should have ours installed pretty soon too...

Last edited:

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So my buddy and I decided to try again to install the exhaust instead of over the weekend. What a success! Those bolts in the first picture are tack on and you will NEED a hammer to remove them. We remove that piping and gave it a few good hits and boom they came right off! After that it was a piece of cake installing the rest! The Invidia exhaust sounds amazing! Definitely recommend it and can't wait to get my custom tune done! I am going to get around to post pictures of the car just waiting to install my BC coilovers and wheels over the weekend!
Thanks for posting that info. Some factory bolts can be especially tough to remove. I'm glad you figured this out. We'll be doing an install video in the near future and I'm sure we'll run into the same issue.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I have noticed a decrease probably due to it not being tuned with the exhaust. Don't want to spend the money on a tune till a downpipe releases
The drop in MPG is most likely due to driving style (i.e. you're accelerating more now). The exhaust should not lower mileage under normal driving conditions.

anupom458

First Name
Taslim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for posting that info. Some factory bolts can be especially tough to remove. I'm glad you figured this out. We'll be doing an install video in the near future and I'm sure we'll run into the same issue.
The bolts are actually welded in at 4 points making it hard to take off. But hitting it at an angle from the sides couple of times pops it right off. It takes a little time and patience but it does come off eventually.
Sponsored