Injen or Mishimoto

• Total voters

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I have the injen, and ya, it definitely doesn't make any power down low and probably does in fact make less hp down low, but it feels better above 3000rpm I'd say which is where I want the power, so overall its good. When you want power, it's there.
Sponsored

drexter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mishimoto best? May I have the link to buy?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Flashpro has a few base maps that they said would be 25hp/75tq on 91 or 93.........
Get the afe or mish because the materials used for heat soak. I would only get Injen if you can get it powder coated. I think with a tune Injen will make more power. And yes a flashpro tune of course.

SilverDyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a mishimoto on my 2016 ex-t and it sounds awesome. Got it because of the design with the housed filter and use of all the stock mounting holes. Easy to install and sounds good.

IMG_0660.JPG

I tried to order but cant deliver to CALIFORNIA!

ptguy0618

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring sedan
Hello I will be getting a hatchback soon and am super excited!
I was wondering people's thoughts between the Injen and the Mishimoto intakes. Are there any pro cons to either?

I tried to research both and I dont trust the gains from the Injen as they seem too good to be true.

But the Mishimoto looks like it loses hp and tq at lower RPM although their design seems better.

Am I missing something? What are people's thoughts?
Thank you!

Both over priced

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Now there is a dyno that I can believe!

http://afepower.com/media/catalog/product/files/pdpfiles/t/m/tm-1024b-rj1600.1474040699.jpg

The reason being that if you look at the details the best run was 6 degrees cooler and 7% less relative humidity than the baseline. This is what all these manufacturers do to cook the numbers, better conditions for the after runs make all the difference. The actual performance difference is probably 1-2hp at best.
I dont know what the small difference actually makes but that's why the sae correction factors are different, 1.01 vs 1.02. pulled from another site - "SAE: "SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C)."

Couldn't have said it better myself! Weird too, they do the baseline after the pull with the intake? :confused:
read response below

Yeah, the baseline is after, which means that the ECU was maladjusted to the other intakes MAF readings and the engine bay was probably heat soaked, both of which pushed the stock numbers down even further.
you two are correct, the baseline dyno run was done 20 minutes later in the day... SIX days prior to the pull with the intake bolted on.

not saying makers would never screw with the numbers or even saying that afe didn't but the conspiracy theory is strong in here.

SnK-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Vti-lx
Country flag
Aussie civic owner here, does anyone know if either injen or moshimoto intake will fit audm civics?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
you two are correct, the baseline dyno run was done 20 minutes later in the day... SIX days prior to the pull with the intake bolted on.

not saying makers would never screw with the numbers or even saying that afe didn't but the conspiracy theory is strong in here.
As much as I hate to admit, this car needs 50-60 miles of drive cycle time to acclimate the ECU to the new parameters. I tend to get highly skeptical if done during the same day. And I suspect the ECU would have initially run lean for a bit if done the other way around.

Soapbox time, not directed at anyone.

As a community, I think we need to keep an open mind on what is capable on these cars. Every single readout we've seen involving an intake has returned favorable results on the 1.5. Unsurprisingly, we aren't seeing the same type of results on the NA 2.0.

Case in point. No one (and I mean NO ONE) believed an intake alone was responsible for a 9% gain on the 06-13 MS6/MS3. So we started a thread a decade ago to allow members to share their results. Several years and dozens of dynos later, the results are irrefutable:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123662934-MAZDASPEED-3-CAI-Gains-Comparison-Depot
Sponsored

Last edited: